ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

429 error fix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 429 error fix
    Posted: December-14-2010 at 1:10pm
I have read the other threads, and saw that I did not have the dx7vb.dll in my Sys32 folder.  I tried accessing the link on the other thread (http://www.flight1.com/dx7vb.exe), and it says the web page is down or may have been permanently moved to another location.  Anyone know where I can get the dx7vb.exe file?   I think that might be my problem of not being able to open the ATR72-500 Config Mgr.  I keep getting the error 429 message.  Thanks.
Greg Goodavish
Greg Goodavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2010 at 1:35pm
I also forgot to add, I am using Windows 7 64 bit.  I tried to download the dx7vb.dll file from another site and load it into Sys32 folder in windows, and it said the version did not match my version of Windows.  So I would need to get that file in the 64 bit version. 
Greg Goodavish
Greg Goodavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2010 at 9:15pm
I solved my problem!  I downloaded the dx7vb.dll file from the internet, and put it in my sysWoW64 file under the Windows file.  I then downloaded a small utility called RegSvrHelper 1.0, and you simply browse to where your dx7vb.dll file is, and hit the register button.  It registered it successfully.  Now my ATR and 727 config mgr utilities both open up!  I am so happy!
Greg Goodavish
Hans Hartmann View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2010 at 3:16am
I make this a sticky as it's a very good hint.
Best regards,
Hans
ianzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2010 at 7:31am
Hi Greg,

I saw your posting about the Activex error problem when accesssing the FMC. I have the EXACT same problem, and cannot solve it Its driving me crazy!. You seem to have sorted it out, I'd like to try your solution but I'm not very technical so not at all certain how to do this.  I too have downloaded the dbx7vb.dll file but cannot understand where you say you placed it on my system (Windows 7 64 bit). Can you explain this to me in a little more detail please. Also about the RegSvrhelper 1.0 - Ive downloaded this too but can't seem to access the the area you have suggested (they just want to charge me). I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Many thanks in advance.

Ianzee
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2010 at 5:59pm

You should not get the error accessing the FMC though...

Were you able to download http://www.flight1.com/dx7vb.exe and install it? Or were there errors?
ianzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 3:59am
hello, thanks for your response.
Alas, I've tried this before - no Vista 7 wouldnt'accept this download at all.

Have you got any suggestions please?

Ianzee
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2010 at 5:00pm
What error do you have?

Can you try to right click the EXE and select Run as Administrator?

But I am not sure what your main error is and if it is even related to the DLL. Try to give more details of your problem.
ianzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2010 at 10:55am
Hello again, OK the problem  at the moment  is that my Internet security (kaspersky) won't allow me to access the dx7vb.exe file it says " the requested object is infected with a virus -NOT-A-VIRUS Adware Win32.ESHoper.qt."  When I access ATR Configuration Manager I get the Activex error 429 message - this ActiveX message also occurs with  3 or other add-on aircrafts that I have installed.

Hopefully you can assist - It would be appreciated.
Ianzee
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2010 at 9:43pm
You AV is registering a false positive. Turn off your AV when downloading/running this file.
Peter
ianzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2011 at 6:38am
Hello Peter,
Delighted to say that this has worked a treat! Downloaded the file and The fault message has gone - thanks to your help.

Once again much appreciation for your input & assistence.

Sincerely
Ianzee
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2011 at 4:54pm
This solved my problem with error 429
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Downloaded and ran the file - ATR Config Manager now perfect

Thanks for the advice
BUZZFLY61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUZZFLY61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2011 at 3:01pm
WinkHi pilots...i've the same problem bat mi OS is Vista 32 bits Home premium ......all is crazy!!! because i've others pay AI, e.g. Pmdg md11,maddog,ifly737ngn.....they work very well....but atr configurator manager displayed error message "run time error 429 activex component can't create object" when i press icon......i have tried applying the procedure described in the forum ....it does not workCry i have tried applying dll but nothing..........help me pleaseOuchThumbs Uptanks a lot davide
The Buzz61
BUZZFLY61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUZZFLY61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2011 at 9:27am
tanks........i've solved my problem........i have registered dx7vb.dll by win prompt as amministrator........very niceeeeeeeeeeThumbs Up have a nice flight.......
The Buzz61
AdawgPHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdawgPHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2013 at 7:00pm
Hey guys, I'm having the issue you all seem to be having, except I'm on Vista 32bit (not home premium). And I have the dx7vb.dll and I'm not sure where to put it to make my config mngr work... Can I get a little help please.

Adrian
BRUSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRUSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 11:39am
I have the Run-time error 429 problem. I have read the discussion replies but would need specific instructions as to how to access the required file (dx7b.dll) and where and how to install it (instructions for dummies!) I think ATR 42-500 is an excellent add-on but I wish I could access the Configuration Manager to be able to use it properly. My system is Windows XP and I use FS9
B.T.Russell
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 11:51am
Hello Bruss and adawgPHL,

This thread should help you out...

Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
BRUSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRUSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:19am
Thanks for the response to my Run-time 429 error message. I've downloaded and run the thread but it was unsuccessful. This may be due to the reference in the thread to VISTA, my computer is XP. The error message in full reads - Run-time error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object.  Anyway, many thanks for the immediate response. I live in hope of a further response which my solve my problem.
B.T.Russell
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 11:52am
Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
jonss1948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonss1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2013 at 3:48am
Woo Hoo! It's fixed. Thanks a million times.

Jon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic