ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATR Chopped FPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F-OJGF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATR Chopped FPS
    Posted: March-19-2018 at 8:18pm
Hi,
Yesterday I installed the new updated version of the ATR 72 since it now works on Windows 10 and FSX Steam Edition. I have a problem with my frame rate. Whenever I look around, move the camera whether it's outside view or interior view, the frames keep flickering / chopping. At first I thought it was a FSX camera problem, until I started taxiing. So now every movement that I make is chopped into pieces (move the camera around the cockpit, move around the aircraft in outside view, taxi, takeoff, flying, landing). I have a friend who also has the updated version of the Flight1 ATR 72 and he experiences the same problem...
calavera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calavera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2018 at 2:48am
Hello
Same problem here. The aircraft is fine after being loaded in the sim cold and dark.
After some time, while going through the prestart duties, frame rate drops and the aircraft becomes unusable.
This happens on both W7 64 and W10 64.

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2018 at 2:04pm
Hello,

Did you make sure you have the following settings below in place.  The frame rate is related to the systems of the aircraft and their displays.  What other addons are you using with the ATR?

1. You MUST run FSX as Administrator. If using FSX Boxed, right click the shortcut to FSX and select Run as Administrator.

2. You may see a few graphics anomolies such as transparent props in front of clouds from an external view.

3. The product is not compatible with DirectX 10 Preview Mode.

4. Your system fonts must be set to the standard default font size with the slider all the way to the left. The gauges will not display fonts correctly if you scale up font size (for example, 125%). You can set it to 100% before your flight then reset it back as needed.
Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
Mike6800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike6800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2018 at 6:17pm
Hello,
tried it with FSX (Disc/Acc.) in Admin Mode, DirectX 9 and 10, on Win 10 64bit. FPS got choppy in both modes.

Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2018 at 11:23am
Search your entire system for flt1chk3.dll. See what the date is on it. You may find multiple copies.

If you have any version that is not dated 2018, that could be the problem. If so, overwrite it with this version... http://flight1.100megabyte.com/flt1chk3.zip

F-OJGF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F-OJGF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2018 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

Search your entire system for flt1chk3.dll. See what the date is on it. You may find multiple copies.

If you have any version that is not dated 2018, that could be the problem. If so, overwrite it with this version... http://flight1.100megabyte.com/flt1chk3.zip

Hi Steve, I did what you wrote. I checked the flt1chk3.dll file, and the date was 2018. I tried your file anyway, but still no luck :(
calavera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calavera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2018 at 6:22am
Hi Steve
I have two occurrences of that dll. One is in fsx main folder and one in windows system folder?
Which one should I substitute?
Of course FSX runs as admin.
willt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 2:04pm
Hi Guys,

Same problem here on Win 7, could this be linked to the new windows 10 compatible installer? I only say this as these problems seem to have occurred fairly recently (i.e. not since the product being FSX compatible).

Cheers, 
matos64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matos64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2018 at 5:49am
Hi Jeff Smith and everyone,

I would like to bring this topic up since I have the exact same issue ! It is a bit frustrating since I love this plane and bought it just because I saw you updated it to windows 10. I already bought it few months ago but requested a refund since it was not working properly. I thought now it was fixed, but apparently not.
In order to be constructive and for you to solve this problem, here are my issues as detailed as possible :
Issue description:
Whenever I look around, move the camera whether it's outside view or interior view, the frames keep flickering / chopping. So now every movement that I make is chopped into pieces (move the camera around the cockpit, move around the aircraft in outside view, taxi, takeoff, flying, landing). 
This doesn't happen immediately, but let's say few minutes after the aircraft is loaded (when setting up the aircraft for takeoff for example).
What is kind of strange is that don't have the impression that the FPS are actually dropping. Actually, when I bring the FPS with MAJ+Z, I have stable 28-30 FPS (blocked at 30) but simulator act like there was a drop of fps...
I also noticed that even when i was flying in a sky with no clouds, over water, with not scenery around (which usually solve FPS problems) my screen was still chopping..

Troubleshooting process:
1) I did everything that Jeff Smith suggested => no change
2) I tried to search for  flt1chk3.dll, i found it and it was up to date => no change
3) I tried the same flight with with another plane (737NGX, very heavy), but everything was working well. So this confirms the issues comes from the ATR.
4) i tried to disconnect my antivirus => no change

My system:
Windows 10 64bits
I7 8700K 3.70Ghz
16G RAM
2X 512GB SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti

Platform:
FSX Steam edition v10.0.62615.9
all simconnects installed

Add-ons:
ORBX GLOBAL
ORBX VECTOR
ORBX OPEN LC
ORBX FTX REGION IRELAND
ACTIVE SKY 16
REX ESSENTIAL + OVERDRIVE
FRANCE VFR AQUITAINE SUD
SIMZALEAK SAN SEBASTIAN LESO
SIMZALEAK BIARRITZ LFBZ

Many thanks in advance for fixing this. That would be very anoying to have to request a refund again...

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2018 at 2:41pm
Hello,

Cannot offer too much help here as the aircraft is not officially supported any more by the developers.  Also, you are running quite a bit of addons with the ATR, this is not helping fps issues.

Thanks!
Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
matos64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matos64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2018 at 2:00pm
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I didn't know the aircraft was sold but not officially supported. Sorry if it was properly written somewhere and I didn't see it.

For me, that's a no go. Unfortunately, I will have to request a refund... again for this aircraft. 

I also got it for the amount of add-ons used but aircrafts like PMDG 737NGX (not your average bicyle) or Avro RJ85 from qualitywings for example are running just fine with this config... too badConfused That's a miss again.

All the best.

Seb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic