ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

atr comments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shnewsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: atr comments
    Posted: November-30-2004 at 4:06pm

gentlemen:

you have set new standards.  i hope there's a day when microsoft flight simulator can actually handle what you've done.  my new and favorite aircraft...and i've only scratched the surface.

you're right--frame heavy at times...but the systems alone are worth the price!  and the working lav is just plain cool. 

sean hall
P4 3ghz/2gb ram/ATI radeon 9800

Todd Nicholson View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Nicholson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 5:20pm
Yeah, the ATR is incredible, but I think that most people will also agree that FS handles it quite well
Regards,
snave View Drop Down

*** BANNED ***

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 5:52pm

That for me is the biggest surprise of all - the fps are actually better with this `ultra-complex` airplane than with some allegedly simpler products.

Douglas C. Bott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas C. Bott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 8:18pm
Better than the Meridian and twice the acft
Doug in Phoenix
guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 9:54pm
Since F1 also produced the meridian, I'll go ahead and defend the meridian just to be fair (and because I own it). Even Though it's a "simple" aircraft as far as the number of systems existent, you have to take into acount the faithful representation of the garmin 530 which in itself is sold separately and is a real nice piece of software; and the state of the art meggitt avionics suite along with the autopilot which really makes you feel you are flying a jetliner but with smaller dimensions and one little prop .
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
Orlaam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 12:16am
Yes, the Meridian is a real awesome add-on.  It's more than worth the purchase, and it's Garmin is wonderful.  I bought the RXP GPS and Jetline 2 and 4 after seeing how cool their stuff was.  Quite the programmers, those RXP guys.
Douglas C. Bott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas C. Bott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 12:21am
Don't get me wrong. I too love the Meridian and all it's features. I was merely comparing the two in terms of FPS performance. The two can't be compared justifiably any other way.
Doug in Phoenix
jmoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2004 at 12:59am
My Meridian is flawless as far as smoothness goes. The atr is ok, but how can your meridian perform slower than the atr?? I wish the atr was as smooth. Don't get me wrong. I have it to the point where I'm happy.  ( Just VC - standard textures and standard guage textures, with reflective window textures, guages set to medium refresh rate and no virtual cabin)  But the Meridian???? I don't know. my system seems to be opposite of everyone elses I quess.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic