ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATR Engine Startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transitmike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATR Engine Startup
    Posted: April-24-2013 at 1:51am
Hello everyone the problem that I am having is every time I start the engines on the ATR The Turbine speed shoots to max here is the procedure that I have followed

1. Bat Switch to on, next I activate External power for both the plane and the AC wild system, next I switch fuel pump power 1 to on. next I activate the starter selector to A+B, then I select engine starter switch 1, I then monitor the turbine spinning to 10 percent then I finally switch the engine CL to Feather to introduce fuel. This is where the problem is the Turbine like I said shoots to max before settling to its normal range. I have seen several startup videos where this is not the case any help on this matter would be gladly appreciated.
Crapal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crapal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2014 at 6:10pm
1- make sure you connected the external power (DC) and selected it in the overhead panel. No need for ACW. Sometimes, starting on battery only can lead to low start and hi temperature.
2- Check that PL are on Ground Idle position before start.

No good pilots, only old pilots
airman13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airman13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2014 at 3:13pm
when start on battery , you move CL on feather at 20%, in this case ITT is not rising fastly 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic