ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATR flight1 on FSX and Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lot225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATR flight1 on FSX and Windows 10
    Posted: December-16-2017 at 6:50pm
Hello everybody!

I have important to me question, I would like to purchase ATR Flight1 but I'em not sure its gonna work on FSX and Windows 10 system.
Anybody know that?

Best regards, lot225
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2017 at 7:09pm
Hello lot255,

Thanks for your interest in lot225.  The ATR is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so your results will vary.
Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
lot225 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lot225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2017 at 1:17pm
Thanks for response.
I hope that Flight1 fix that problem and ATR will be working on WIN10.

Best regards! :)
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2017 at 12:15pm
Hello,

This will probably not be the case as it is an older aircraft and the developers have long disbanded.
Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
FlyingAxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingAxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2018 at 5:00pm
Hi all,

After changing to W10 end of 2017, I tried of course what happened to my F1 ATR.

The good news had been that it worked fine for me during my first and only flight recently. However, I experienced a sudden crash midflight, but was able to recover it almost by using a recent autosave done by FSUPC. Of course I had to hack in the rest of the flight plan, fortunately the bird remained stable and I was able to finish the flight without further problems.

The bad news uncovered later - as often. When trying to change the aircraft to a default C172 in order to change to an other non-standard a/c the window became black and nothing happened. Only the top window frame remained untouched. I had to kill the sim finally.

Today I tested the behaviour again and the following results are reproducible:
1. Attempting to change the aircraft results always in a black window content.
2. Leaving the flight results in FSX "hides" in the taskbar and cannot be re-animated.
3. When leaving FSX the same happens as written right above.

Checking the install log doesn't show any missing files compared to my still existing W7Pro installation. Using different compatibility modes of the sim didn't change anything. The W10 logs are not showing any problem either.

Unfortunately I can't check the trick that worked for some people under W8 or 8.1 (sorry, I don't have the file's name they copied from their FS9 folder and I'm too lazy searching for it at the moment) as I have installed the ATR by using a fake FS9 folder.

Conclusion: I have to wave goodbye to this nice bird, still flying like a charm, but jealously insisting of being the one and only to be flown last in a session, even hiding this behaviour by not leaving any trace in FSX' logbook, too.

Probably one of the next W10 editions (hopefully the next one?) can heal this as there are rumours that MS wants to enhance the compatibility of old applications (including games). <err> Yes, I said that word...
Meanwhile the ATR can sleep in the hangar I'm going to wait what happens next. For sure I'm not about to build a new system before the next CPU generation is on the market in order to try out P3D v4. Consequently, if the myth becomes reality as long as FSX is still running on my machine, it might be worth an other attempt later this year.
Regards,
Axel
amollen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2018 at 11:51am
I flew this aircraft on FS2004 when it first came out and always regarded it as one of the best of its kind at the time. Then I let it stand in the hangar for more than 10 years as I moved on to FSX and later, Windows 10.

I upgraded last week and so far, flew three successful 1-hour flights with it (doing a mission on virtualpilots.org which triggered the bird's resuscitation).

I can fly it fine, the autopilot works, and I plan on flying it some more to finish the mission and then some probably. I have had minor problems that I can live with:

Problem: sometime some click spots on the overhead in the VC don't work, sometimes they do.
Solution: use the 2D panels when the VC fails you (yes, remember those?)

Problem: the cockpit door doesn't open as advertised
Solution: who cares... pilots should be looking forward.

Problem: the cargo door doesn't open in the visual model
Solution: I can live with that... Passengers can put their bags on the seat next to them :-)

Problem: on one of the flights the autopilot started bobbing up and down violently in a turn. This is mentioned in another post
Solution: it's only happened once in three flights, I will need to do more experimenting to see if I can find a cause. Disconnecting and reconnecting the AP fixes it. If it doesn't happen too often, my passengers won't get airsick and I can live with that.

Other than that, I'm flying of one of my favorite old birds again, the graphics are a bit dated but good enough and I am happy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic