ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 ATR72-500 Bug List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 8:55am
Hi Hans. No problem (sorry to go off topic).

With regards to the VC push button issue I want to mention that I always move my view back inside the VC as far as it will go - i.e. zoom out as far back as possible and THEN also shift even further back using Shift-Enter etc. I am using 1680x1050 so for me to get a decent overview of the whole VC shifting as far back as possible (without actually ending up inside the headrest for example) is a must. I automatically do it with all the aircraft I fly.

So from this shifted perspective when looking up to the overhead panel a lot of the button clickspots refuse to work. Perhaps others with this issue are also shifting their VC viewpoint far back...?

Konrad
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Hans Hartmann Hans Hartmann wrote:

Well, three of those issues fall into my area. Unfortunately you won't like the answer because I can't reproduce any of them.

It's the LNAV oscillation, config manager error and vc push buttons issue. I will try again and let you know if I was able to find something this time.

Hans

For what it is worth on the LNAV on Autopilot “issue”.

Firstly I have FSX with both SP1 & 2 installed on WXP Home with known updates.

The only other add-ons are Orbx Scenery.

I subscribe to NavData updates of waypoints, SID’s & STARS.

I am flying the F1 ATR with SP1 along the east coast of  Australia.

I have the LNAV “problem” only northbound (330 thro 030) but only from airports with no SIDs such as YCFS & YPMQ – southbound from these airports is no problem.

I notice having selected & activated a departure runway on the FMC, after take-off the FMC has not "progressed" to the outbound leg as it should (& does on a SID from YSSY for example) - & as I said, only northbound ??

I originally thought this occurred because I do intersection departures in the right conditions - but not so (I do threshold departures with the same result) !

I then update the FMC by “direct to next waypoint” but the LNAV problem remains - between en-route waypoints.

Then curiously en-route (before TOD) when I select a STAR to YBBN for example and then update the FMC to fly direct to the transition & via the STAR, the LNAV issue is no longer.

The only thing I have yet to confirm is whether the autopilot is turning the aircraft back to the departure runway – my passengers however would be upset at such time wasting !

Hopes this can help. I can send a copy of the rte files for the problematic routes if you wish.

Nepomuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nepomuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 6:53am

Thank you for the info rexdriver.

Please post the exact route and between which waypoints the LNAV issue occurs.

Stephan

rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Nepomuk Nepomuk wrote:

Thank you for the info rexdriver.

Please post the exact route and between which waypoints the LNAV issue occurs.

Stephan

Stephan

My most problematic route is YCFS to YBBN via TUCAB, TUCKI, CG(VOR) Waypoints departing RW21 with a left turn (no SID) @ 500feet.

Note, I plan direct in the FMC & don't import from FSX planner.

I fly manually to the outbound leg (10nm) of the VOR radial, select AP on HDG, swap to RNAV on EHSI, then HDG off, NAV (LNAV) on.

The aircraft immediately rolls left on high bank to an unprogrammed westerly heading & holds that. Meanwhile the EHSI Map shows the FMC track & the aircraft heading west of it that 10nm or so north of RW21.

I then swap to HDG and the aircraft turns back to the original heading set (and untouched) of 357.

Next I "correct" the non-progressing FMC plan by a direct to TUCAB, HDG off, LNAV on & all's well.

Passing TUCAB, another turn to the west - & I repeat the earlier proceedure.

Passing TUCKI, another turn etc. etc.

But next time, passing CG, there is no turn to the west and it follows the activated STAR into BN.

So, there you have it - the same happpens on YPMQ to YBCG via CH (VOR), GFN(NDB), LIS(NDB) waypoints until passing LIS and it follows the activated STAR to CG.

At other airports without SID's, similar problems occur northbound on the outbound leg but only capturing that first leg - ie I direct to the first waypoint in the FMC & LNAV holds for the rest of the route via enroute waypoints. As above, the most problematic is the YCFS to YBBN.

Flying these routes southbound is no problem.

I can only guess there is a little glitch between FMC & Autopilot for non SID departures ?? Or is it because of the 180 degree turn after takeoff ?? 

Hope this helps & is "intelligible".

I can email the rte files if you contact me at olearybj bigpond net au

cheers

brodie4598 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodie4598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2008 at 12:42pm
Additional Oscillation issues:

These are my comments from another post. Please note that my problem is in HDG mode as well as LNAV mode. I haven't been using the sim much yet as I just bought it but here are the routes that caused the problem:

KCHD - KOMA  - -   ZUN LAA HLC OVR           average course: 041
KCHD - KOMA  - -  ZUN ALS PUB GLD LNK   
average course: 041

I have also done two flights between KOMA and KLNK with no trouble at all.

Please note the text I have highlighted in blue as it describes exactly how this is happening. It appears that basically, at the point the sim is programmed to begin to roll OUT of a turn, it starts rolling steeper INTO it.

System:
Vista Home 32bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GTS
FSX SP2 Accel

My AddOns:

I have the lastest ATR72 AIRAC from Navigraph
I have the ASX Patch installed also

ASX, latest version
XPAX (installed, but dont use)
Squawkbox 4
Fsinn
FSEconomy Client
FS Recorder 1.3
FSUIPC 4.28 unregistered
MyTraffic
PMDG 747400X
PMDG B1900C and D
LDS767
CaptainSim 757
CLS DC10
Caranedo Mega Pack
Feel There 737
Feel There 777
Project Opensky E145
PSS Dash8 Q300
Ultimate Terrain
Mega Scenery Honolulu
Megascenery Las Vegas

I have several airport sceneries installed, I can list them out if you wish but I wont now unless requested (there are a  lot and I'm not sure it matters)

-----------------------------------------------

i have the same problem, but curiously only on my second flight... I am currently flying my second flight in the ATR...the first one went perfectly.

However on this flight, I am having a huge problem just like this. Basically the problem works like this. The autopilot is banking in an extreme way in either the HDG or LNAV mode. I'll give you an example:

Let's say I set the HDG to 040 degrees. I am currently flying 010 degrees. I engage the AP and the AP begins a smooth, coordinated, 15 degree roll turn to the right which is normal. As soon as I am at 025 degrees (or 15 degrees from my target HDG) the plane begins rolling hard to the right (sometimes nearly 80-90 degrees of roll) until I am at a heading of 040 degrees. Once I pass 040 degrees, the plane begins rolling left and by the time the plane has leveled itself I am flying on about a 055-075 course. The sim then begins a 15 degree roll left turn and as soon as I am 15 degrees from my target heading, it will start steepening the roll until I pass the targeted 040 heading again. This continues back and forth and has been doing this for the last 80 minutes of my flight.

I tried this with different target HDGs and always with the same result. I also tried it in HI bank mode and the problem persisted, the problem is also present in LNAV mode.

Normally, as you get closer to your target heading, the AP will slowly roll out of the turn and now,  it's almost as if the sim is backward and instead of rolling out of the turn 15 degrees from the target, it's rolling even steeper into it.

What makes this so strange is that I am only experiencing this on my second flight. The first flight that I flew was flawless. Something must have changed betweeen the two flights, but what, I have no idea.

I am running all the same programs and add ons as the first flight. The only thing different between the two flights is time of day, and the route I am flying.

maybe that helps you guys pin point it a little better.

BTW I am using the latest version of the ATR for FSX with the Active Sky X patch.

-----------------------------------------------

yes I always load a C172 first, that's not the problem....

I did two more flights today. KOMA-KCHD and KCHD-KOMA. the KOMA-KCHD flight went perfectly, but the KCHD-KOMA flight had the same problem again. The flight plan was the same, only reversed the waypoints.

The flight I had trouble with yesterday was also KCHD-KOMA, but it was a slightly different route.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodie4598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 2:20am
Update:

I did a flight from KCHD to KOMA today.

When programming the FMC, I put the same way points in as before (ZUN LAA HLC OVR) however, this time i set the departure as KOMA and the arrival as KCHD.

The autopilot functioned perfectly. No issues at all.

It would seem that this problem has to do with the departure/destination airport. I will keep testing and update you.

rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2008 at 10:39pm

Well, three of those issues fall into my area. Unfortunately you won't like the answer because I can't reproduce any of them.

It's the LNAV oscillation, config manager error and vc push buttons issue. I will try again and let you know if I was able to find something this time.

hans

you may have read my earlier post about LNAV oscillations.

i noticed in the FMS when you call up a waypoint such as CH, the latitude is "misread" to be further south than it is ??

for me it might explain why the aircraft turns towards another heading when LNAV is engaged - northbound !!

the following images illustrate what seems to be the case for many wapoints.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodie4598 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2008 at 5:51pm
Just wanted to mention I did another flight from CHD-OMA.

In the FMC, I programmed the departure as OMA and the arrival as CHD. No autopilot problems whatsoever.

Nepomuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nepomuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2008 at 4:42pm

Config Manager Error 'Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.' or "Input string not in a correct format"

How to reproduce the error:
Open the "ATR configuration manager for FSX"
Click on "Reset" then "Save" followed by "Exit"

The aircraft.cfg station.load section is:

station_load.0=370,28,0,0,Pilots
station_load.1=185,19.8,0,0,Front Steward
station_load.2=185,-28.1,0,0,Rear Steward
station_load.3=882,23.2,0,0,Front Baggage
station_load.4=882,-32.9,0,0,Rear Baggage
station_load.5=2405,13,0,0,PAX Section A
station_load.6=4070,-2.2,0,0,PAX Section B
station_load.7=2960,-18.2,0,0,PAX Section C

Open the "ATR configuration manager for FSX"

Click on "Empty"
Reduce "Forward Cargo Weight" to 25 lbs (11 kg)
Reduce "Aft Cargo Weicht" to 0 lbs
Click on "Save" and "Exit"

Now the aircraft.cfg station.load section is:

station_load.0=370,28,0,0,Pilots
station_load.1=185,19.8,0,0,Front Steward
station_load.2=185,-28.1,0,0,Rear Steward
station_load.3=25,23.2,0,0,Front Baggage
station_load.4=0,-32.9,0,0,Rear Baggage
station_load.5=0,13,0,0,PAX Section A
station_load.6=0,-2.2,0,0,PAX Section B
station_load.7=0,-18.2,0,0,PAX Section C

When loading the config manager the error will pop up.

There is another "bug?" in the config manager:
If you only modify the Cargo Weight and hit "Save", the modification won´t be saved. Only if you you change anything in the PAX section, the new cargo weight will be saved.

Greetings
Stephan

F.Schmid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Schmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2008 at 1:03pm

Title: EHSI on MAP mode do not auto refresh when modifying route on FMC

Summary: If EHSI is in MAP mode and a change is made on route (e.g. inserting SID), the EHSI do not refresh image unless you set it to another mode and then return to MAP mode.

Reported on: FSX SP1 & SP2
Reported by: Schmid
Threads:
http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4284&KW=

Official Statement: These items (in both of your threads) would be something Hans needs to look at. (Steve Halpern - 05/23/2008)

Nepomuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nepomuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2008 at 2:42pm

Hi Mr. Schmid!

I testet it today and can confirm the bug on my system. I will add it to the list. Thank you!

What i did:

Programmed a route from EDDS to LOWS, RWY 25
ABTAL L173 RIDAR L605 WLD T702 BADIT T700 SBG
Activated, Executed

Added the SID ABTAL2B via DEP/ARR page. Executed. No discos.

In the legs page i deleted the Waypoint DS047 and executed. The MFD still showed DS047. It disappeared when zooming in/out or switching to NAV and back to MAP as described by F. Schmid. The same happened when i added the waypoint.

Greetings
Stephan

F.Schmid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Schmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 10:00pm

Thanks.

Cheers

Schmid

F.Schmid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F.Schmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 10:41pm

Hi Stephan.

Could this issue be added to the list?

Regards

Schmid

Title: NO LEFT OR RIGHT TURNS ON PUSHBACK

Summary: ATR does not respond to SHIFT+P 1 or SHIFT+P 2 to turn left or right on pushback, keeping a straight backward line.

Reported on: FSX SP1 & SP2
Reported by: Schmid
Threads: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4545

Official Statement: Flight Simulator bug. Not related to specific aircraft. Chance of this happening increases with complexity of panel/aircraft systems. (Hans)

rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2009 at 12:22am

LNAV oscillation

I did six test flights today. Two in NZ, two in Scandinavia and two in the Seattle area. All heading north. I'm sorry to say but LNAV worked just fine.

Can everybody, who reads this and is able to reproduce the problem please give me a complete list of addons you have installed? I'm not looking for a culprit. I just want to know what I need to install to reproduce and fix this.

Thanks a lot. Smile

Hans / Team

Further to my earlier post in the "STRANGE LNAV" topic, I continue to experience the LNAV oscillation problem flying throughout SE OZ and NZ - but only as before on legs where the magnetic track is just west of magnetic north and the true track east of true north (that is where magnetic variation is east).

The problem is in my opinion isolated but predictable as you can understand & i have experienced and logged.

In Scanadnavia, east variation is <5° so there is limited chance of flying tracks in the band of 355 to 360°M where the problem would occur.

In Washington, British Columbia & New South Wales, the variation is on average about 12° East, so the chances of needing to fly a magnetic track between 345 to 360° are thus more. In NZ, variation is on average 24°E, it is regularly a need to fly a track in the 335 to 360° M band.

As before, I only guess it is some "data" transfer error between GPS true calculations and the autopilot / aircrafts magnetic navigation platform when deducting variation from true - one side of north to the other (eg 008T minus 12E variation is -04M ??- 356M).

The problem does not occurr in locations with west variation - Western Australia for example !

In closing, Hans I have few add-ons - registered FSUIPC4.4, ORBX scenery, FS RealTime and Reality Radar.

I have FSX with SP2, ATR72 with SP1 on XP Windows with SP3, 

I plan all flights direct into the FMC - so no importing - and rarely use ATR saved routes.

Cheers & Happy NY2009   

airtahitinui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airtahitinui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 2:31am
I got a big problem!!!!!!!!!!! Just purchased the box version of ATR72-500 for FSX includes SP1 for ATR.

I installed it and everything good so far. I went to fly the ATR and its missing the Gauges in the 2D and 3D panel. Model,Sounds,FDE all good except gauges/throttle quad/radio/etc all missing.

I got a brand new antec 4ghz processor/4gb DDR3 ram/720GB hard drive/2GB GTX280/5Fans/ with Windows Vista 64bit brand new nothing else on the PC except for basics and Norton..TOPLINE PC.

I installed FSX last week and everything was great. I uninstalled it 3days ago because i was having trouble tweaking some files and did a Hard Drive cleaning.

After the HD cleaning I installed FSX today and have had trouble. It installed,everything working good except i got no gauges on the Cessna 172 Analog panel. The G1000 gauges there but the Cessna analog panel has got holes where the gauges are suppose to be. The panel bitmap is there but the gauges/bendix king radio are gone. The mixture contol/throttle/yokes/ignition are ALL THERE IN PLACE except the gauges....I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I did regedit wizard cleaning and it fixed my pc even better but i am still in trouble.

Ive got SP1/SP2/RedistributableC+2005/

Ive Uninstalled ATR 3x

Ive Uninstalled SP1/SP2 3x

Ive even ran ATR with No Service Packs and ran it with just SP1

Ive even started FSX with 2D panel first from a cessna than loaded ATR and nothing

It still wont work!!!!! Need Help Please from anyone. I just need the gauges to work everything else is good.
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2009 at 11:08am
Sounds like youre in a mess.

Uninstall FSX completely. Delete the Microsoft Games folder after you have uninstalled, (should be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games).  Also delete the FSX folder (located at C:\Users\<your username>\Application Data\Microsoft\fsx). The last folder maybe hidden so you will need to turn off hidden files.

This will give you a clean folder structure to install FSX back to. Install FSX from the DVDs. Once installed, run it once so it gets to the aircraft selection screen. Close it. Install FSX SP1. Open FSX to the aircraft selection Screen. Close it. Install FSX SP2.

Now, make sure you have installed:

1. Vista Service Pack 1
2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

As you have Norton, I'd recommend installing the ATR in Safe Mode:

Using the F8 Method:
  1. Restart your computer.
  2. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows Vista Advanced Boot Options.
  3. Select the Safe Mode option using the arrow keys.
  4. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Vista Safe Mode.
  5. When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Vista will enter Safe mode.
  6. Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.
See how that goes. Post back with any problems, or even if you get it all working.

airtahitinui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airtahitinui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 1:33am
MISSING GAUGES IN VC/2D PANEL CONCLUSION FIX-YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fixed it. Found out what the problem was. To everyone! When you uninstall FSX it doesnt wipe it out clean completely (Thats even after you go into hidden files USER/APP DATA etc and erase MSFS FSX).

What the problem is, is this: Even though fsx in uninstalled its not....sooooo when you clean your C drive/defrag and etc., then reload FSX it still isnt uninstalled from previous. It still is ACTIVATED from the previous version. This is what i was getting!

I had to download Flight1 FSXML from flight1 site and go to the Repair/Clean Registry button and VOILA!!!!!!

So with FSX still installed and running the FSXML it wiped out the previous version and then when i started up FSX it brought me to the Activation Screen B4 FSX starts up......Now my gauges are back and ATR is perfect..Thanks to myself for A LONG HARD FIGHT OF 36 HOURS OF NOT GIVING UP AND TRYING EVERYTHING, MY RESULTS PAID OFF FOR THE HARD EFFORT....software bought should not be this ruthless to install
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 3:23am
Glad you're up and running. Smile
beaujojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaujojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:24pm
Hi everyone,

I'm a flightone ATR supporter, and I purshased the boths versions:

- The earlier one for fs2004, that I enjoyed 2 years long
- The nearest for fsx sp1 pack.

For the second , i'm sad to notice that the fsx version is bugfull. No virtual cabine visible, The virtual cockpit disapear in some cases without explanation.

My problem is that my text-o-matic file is not correct and is unmatchable by the system.

I have reinstall my software more than 5 times without solve this problem and unfortunatly, I can't download my favorites textures.

The goal of this post is to submit me a solution to make operational to download textures. Can you submit me a solution, please???!!

Windows XP SP3
8800 GTS
core2quad
FSX SP1
To be free as the bird
bpcw001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpcw001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 6:36pm
I consistently experience LNAV going awry on these routes:

EDDS DKB2H DKB MASEK UN851 KEMAD DENEN DENE1P EDDW/0117

and

EDDS DKB2H DKB MASEK UN851 KEMAD UL190 DLE G5 NOLGO NOLG1A EDDH/0128

LNAV goes crazy starting from MASEK and does not recover until the heading to the next fix deviates significantly from a northern direction.

I have:
Windows XP SP3
FSX+Acceleration
Ultimate Terrain X Europe
F1 PC-12
F1 ATR (of course!)
DA Piper Cheyenne
Some Carenado Cessnas (182RGII, 152)
LDS 767
Radar Contact 4.3
DBS walk and follow
FSUIPC 4.4.1.7