ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 ATR72-500 Bug List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by bpcw001 bpcw001 wrote:

I consistently experience LNAV going awry on these routes:

EDDS DKB2H DKB MASEK UN851 KEMAD DENEN DENE1P EDDW/0117

and

EDDS DKB2H DKB MASEK UN851 KEMAD UL190 DLE G5 NOLGO NOLG1A EDDH/0128

LNAV goes crazy starting from MASEK and does not recover until the heading to the next fix deviates significantly from a northern direction.

I have:
Windows XP SP3
FSX+Acceleration
Ultimate Terrain X Europe
F1 PC-12
F1 ATR (of course!)
DA Piper Cheyenne
Some Carenado Cessnas (182RGII, 152)
LDS 767
Radar Contact 4.3
DBS walk and follow
FSUIPC 4.4.1.7

A few of us experiencing this issue on different routes.  Another user reported the issue just recently: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4764
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 6:49pm

bpcw001 / flilot / all

I had a quick look at the routes mentioned to / from EDDS and they essentially include several legs "almost north" in a region of east magnetic variation.

My post in this topic of January 04 this year further outlines my conclusions of where the "problem" happens - those tracks where the true direction is east of true north but where the required / computed autopilot magnetic heading is west of magnetic north.

In addition to variation, a complicating input is the predominately western crosswinds at FL200 which requires an even  more westerly (magnetic) heading west of magnetic north on a true track east of true north.

I fly many routes in NZ & Eastern Australia on north tracks and now know where it will occur & fly navaids rather than GPS.

It remains for me a "design issue" for Hans to check the calculations (formualae) used by the autopilot to determine required magnetic heading after allowing for magnetic variation and wind from the FMC's true track calculations.

Perhaps the simplest study is to compare the FS9 formulae with FSX's - I haven't read it is / was a problen in the FS9 version of ATR.

Regards 

bpcw001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpcw001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 5:58am
Hi rexdriver,

what you say makes a lot of sense.
Is there any update from the devs on your input?

Frankly, facing this dodgy behavior is one of the main reasons why my ATR is grounded now for most of the time.

Being located in the center of Europe and doing most of my flying there, I have a lot of north/south legs in my flights and always have to be on the guard to fly the GPS route by HDG or other means in case the GPS craps out.

Generally, my biggest issues with the FSX version of the ATR are:

the aforementioned GPS problems

dodgy/incomplete  FMS (e. g. manually entered fixes don't update bearing/distance as you go, a lot of "invalid input" problems where things are supposed to work, etc)

Night lighting issues in virtual cockpit

rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2009 at 9:31pm

bpcw001

It was good to read your "confirmation" of where one expects to have this LNAV / autopilot problem and that you do as I, plan ahead and use HDG or Navaids.

I have had no response from Flight1 on my "analysis" of where it is a problem - unfortunately it would seem they (the designer/s of the gauges) are our only hope of fixing why !!

Otherwise, I enjoy the FSX version with no glitches - but yes adding waypoints in flight can sometimes be tricky with discontinuties etc, particularly with holding points.

In closing, can I ask if you "flew" the FS9 version and if you did, is your FSX version the upgrade of that or the  new full one (and whether download or CD). I am still trying to establish if there is a difference between the various versions & purchase options.

I invite others to register their version / purchase method so we can identify if it is only a full FSX download problem.

Regards 

bpcw001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpcw001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2009 at 9:15am
I run FSX+Acceleration only, so I downloaded the FSX version from FlightOne.

It's interesting to hear that you have no other issues with the FSX ATR version.

• What about VC night lighting and the pitch black throttles and the TO/CLB/CRZ engine management switch on the center panel?

• Didn't you need the VC rain fix in order to be able to look out of the VC's windows in rainy weather?

• Don't you get blurry textures on the autopilot controls at nighttime with internal lighting on?

I heard that the Acceleration pack causes glitches and quirks here and there with other addons, so I decided to deinstall it and go for a FSX+SP1+SP2 installation.

As much as I love the ATR, I'm quite reluctant to install it back. I kind of decided to not install any FS9 ports into FSX any more and stick with native FSX addons only.

atrpasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atrpasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2009 at 6:59am
Problem with PL below FI in flight.
Details here: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4807

Thank you!
arkadiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkadiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2009 at 8:57am
Hello everyone,
This is my first post in the forum. Welcome all of you.

I have purchased the aircraft last month and learn tutorials to understand it. I have three problems so far. I could not find solutions searching the forum, so I decided to ask you.

First is about weather in tutorial 1. I have no weather theme 'Flight 1 ATR72-500 Tutorial' in my Weather menu, so I can not load it into my flight. I know that I can set it step by step following the description, but it is much to do (that's why the file is for).
Second thing is about FMC for tutorial 1. By filling every data in the FMC, everything is ok until step 10 in RTE 1, where I have to type F1TUT-TFFRTFFF in scratchpad. When I press LSK3R I have message that there is no route. It stops me to continue the tutorial.
The third thing is a bug, I suppose. It is about DOME light. By pressing the switch, durring cocpit preparation, I have no changes. Still dark in the cocpit. I think, I do the cocpit preparation in a good order (help myself by F1 manual and youtube moovies) either with GPU or Hotle Mode.
Can anyone help me to solve above problems?

I hope, my questions are not off topic. Confused

I have FSX with SP1, SP2. ATR SP1. Windows XP.
plodgeface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plodgeface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 2:51pm

hey guys, im pretty new here and have literally just finished my first flight with this fantastic aircraft :D. however i did notice some bugs :(. the first one is that the clouds seem to go through or merge the aircraft propellors, in this pic you can see it on the number one engine/one nearest to you in the pic. i am using the default fsx weather, no environment add ons etc

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/plodgeface/?action=view&current=propcloud.jpg

the second one i found was in the VC of the new, blue design. there are loads of silver strips that seem really odd and out of place around, in this pic you can see them above and below the autopilot panel, around the overhead, and (but not as obviously) around the main instruments; PFD, ND, VS/TCAS.

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/plodgeface/?action=view&current=cockpitsilver.jpg

i apologise if someone has already posted the problems, but i did look through this thread and didnt find them. thanks for your help, Philip

flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by plodgeface plodgeface wrote:

hey guys, im pretty new here and have literally just finished my first flight with this fantastic aircraft :D. however i did notice some bugs :(. the first one is that the clouds seem to go through or merge the aircraft propellors, in this pic you can see it on the number one engine/one nearest to you in the pic. i am using the default fsx weather, no environment add ons etc

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/plodgeface/?action=view&current=propcloud.jpg

Due to the aircraft being designed for FS2004 and using BMP textures, true FSX aircraft use DDS textures. A fix for this would require the ATR to have a new FSX model built.

Originally posted by plodgeface plodgeface wrote:

the second one i found was in the VC of the new, blue design. there are loads of silver strips that seem really odd and out of place around, in this pic you can see them above and below the autopilot panel, around the overhead, and (but not as obviously) around the main instruments; PFD, ND, VS/TCAS.

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/tt152/plodgeface/?action=view&current=cockpitsilver.jpg

i apologise if someone has already posted the problems, but i did look through this thread and didnt find them. thanks for your help, Philip

Install the Model Update to fix this.
plodgeface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plodgeface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2009 at 7:44am

thanks flilot, is there nothing at all i can do to fix the cloud/prop problem?? cheers, Philip

AMD athlon X2 5000+ 2.6ghz, 3gb RAM, XFX geforce 9800gtx, 19" 1280 X 1024

N2464T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2464T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 9:59am

The VC windows when it rains in FSX are non transparent. When I activate the wipers there is a curved area of transparancy. What can I do to fix this issue.

I have FSX Sp1 and 2 as well as ACC and the new patch to fix the transparent cargo area for the ATR

Regards

atrpasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atrpasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by atrpasion atrpasion wrote:

Problem with PL below FI in flight.
Details here: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4807

Thank you!

Nobody helps me?Cry
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by N2464T N2464T wrote:

The VC windows when it rains in FSX are non transparent. When I activate the wipers there is a curved area of transparancy. What can I do to fix this issue.

I have FSX Sp1 and 2 as well as ACC and the new patch to fix the transparent cargo area for the ATR

Regards

Install the Virtual Cockpit Rain Fix from this page:
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

N2464T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2464T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2009 at 5:21pm
I downloaded the converter kit but it still does not work?

RegardsSmile

N2464T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N2464T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 2:00pm
The converter kit did not work my windows are not transparent when it's raining?

Anyone?
schmiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by bpcw001 bpcw001 wrote:

Frankly, facing this dodgy behavior is one of the main reasons why my ATR is grounded now for most of the time.

Being located in the center of Europe and doing most of my flying there, I have a lot of north/south legs in my flights and always have to be on the guard to fly the GPS route by HDG or other means in case the GPS craps out.

Generally, my biggest issues with the FSX version of the ATR are:

the aforementioned GPS problems

I also think thats a big problem for flights in Europe. For example my flight from Frankfurt to Paderborn. A very simple route with SID and STAR and with the first part strictly to north. I have attached a hardcopies with the planned routing and with the track of my ATR72.

You could see only a problem with flying to north.

Regards Jörg
bpcw001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpcw001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2009 at 4:22pm
Yeah, the ATR could be a fine plane if they fixed it up to work properly in FSX SP2, though it appears that the devs abandoned the product quite some time ago Angry
Tailwinds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tailwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 7:59am

I am a FSX user and I'm feeling fed-up now. I've just started to learn about the ATR 72 through the manual but with all these problems described above I think I'll forget it. What's the point of all the effort of hard work and study of tutorials and reading the manual if the aircraft has all these bugs!!

Think I'll just concentrate on my Level D 767. 

idefiks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idefiks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 5:43pm
Hallo,
I'm reporting missing textures in VC.
Both bugs appear with night flying after turning cockpit lights on.

1. Missing overhead "border":
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6238/atr72missingovhdtx.jpg

2. Missing texture with "eng1, eng2" above EEC1/ATPCS/EEC2 buttons. By the way - look at textures on autopilot panel (bluries) - it also happens only with night VC lighting.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2351/atr72missingtx.jpg

Windows XP Home ed.,
ATR with SP3, FS2004.
GeForce 8600 GT, driver 190.62 + nHancer.
Athlon 64 X2 5200+
3GB of RAM.

Any solutions?
mlegein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2010 at 10:49pm
Hi

I experienced strong oscillations (40-90 degrees either side) both in LNAV and HDG mode today. I aborted the flight as it was becoming difficult to navigate.

FSX Acceleration
Flying from ESMS to ESSV
Problem occured during the SID (takeoff Rwy 17 enroute to PERRY)

Michel Legein
Florida USA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic