ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight1 ATR72-500 Bug List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2010 at 8:27pm
Anyone?
Michel Legein
Florida USA
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 12:04am

michael

one of the most read / posted topics in the ATR forum will explain but won't help !

http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=3858&KW=LNAV&PN=6

cheers

mlegein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2010 at 12:58pm
Thanks.
It's a shame because otherwise it's an excellent product.
Michel Legein
Florida USA
idefiks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idefiks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 4:21am

No, it's not an excellent product. Why? They earn money selling product still with some bugs (after few years from the first verison!). I just regret that I've bought it now, when I can see that it's technical support does not exist in practise, which is unacceptable for me when it is a payware.

hotelfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotelfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2010 at 7:33am
Originally posted by plodgeface plodgeface wrote:

hey guys, im pretty new here and have literally just finished my first flight with this fantastic aircraft :D. however i did notice some bugs :(. the first one is that the clouds seem to go through or merge the aircraft propellors ( ... )

A very nice plane to fly! But I think Flight1 should offer a solution (update) for such an obvious visual bug.

I bought the product with aerosoft and I can' t discover any restrictions in the product description. At a price of 40,- the customer should be offered a product which matches the (visual) possibilities within FSX as long as it is offered as a model flyable in FSX, I think.

Regards from Bavaria,

hotelfox
PT-SLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PT-SLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2010 at 7:48pm
- About virtual cabin transparency, what status of this?
- My VSI and HSI/ADI is strange on FSX with widescreen!
brasoveanu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brasoveanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 8:23am
DeadAngryOuch  I do not know yet was fixed by service pack 1 for ATR 72-500 FSX, but I do now some of the things that have been broken by this service pack: The FMC stopped saving and loading user routes.  In fact, all my saved routes were no longer listed (I had to unistall the pack in order to see them again). So I am not sure if this service pack is worth installing.  Any suggestions?
Here are my systems specs:
CPU Intel i7-930
Motherboard: Gigabyte Tech x58A-UD3R
Memory: DDR#, 6GB
Graphics card: Radoen HD 5850
Operating system: Windows 7, 64 bit Professional
DB
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 6:07pm
There can be problems saving files if you are not running as Administrator, or if Flight Simulator is installed to Program Files and you do not have proper permissions on the folder. See www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=vista about permissions on Program Files.

Adam_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2011 at 10:09pm
I used to have the ATR on my old FS9 setup, but decided to re-buy it and do a clean install on my FSX+Acceleration Win7x64system.

I'm sad to say I'm also suffering this LNAV autopilot bug.

This seems to happen on *northerly* routes (as others have noted). In particular, NZWN to NZAA (which is what I've been testing on).

I've tried every combination of A/P setting and it happens every time. I can see the flight director bars updating as you move past the correct track, but the aircraft ignores that and carries on banking (ever steeper). Southerly routes (eg. NZAA-NZWN) are fine. I'll check the lat/long values next time to see if there are any clues.

I flew dozens of routes back with my FS9 version (on XP) with no problems, so it does look like it may be port-over related.

Adam.

EDIT/UPDATE: I created a plan in each direction with FSC. Loaded in FSX then imported into the ATR via the FMC. Again - southbound was fine ... northbound porked.

I checked the lat/long co-ordinates and compared them to FSC. The ATR FMC co-ordinates though being *slightly* different to the FSC ones, were the same in both directions, so no real clue there.

I must add that playing around with the FMC in doing these tests quite often caused FSX to crash. I didn't have it quite as bad in my FS9 install.

I'm really getting a very bad feeling about this FSX "upgrade".
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 4:04am
adam

cheers from the west island on the eve of bledisloe #1 !

you are the first as best i can remember to mention this lnav problem is not an FS9 issue.

I have flown the FSXvers on XP & 7X64 with FSX+SP2 but not acceleration .. with the same result as you. I have not flown the FS9vers.

I wonder if there is a file in FS9 we could try in FSX ... will look before you head for eden park on saturday & see if there is an idea in that, assuming you still have access to the FS9 files.

cheers
john 
Adam_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 7:17am
John - hope all goes well at Eden Park ;-)

I still have my FS9 ATR CD, plus all the various patches that I used to update it to FSX. I was going to do it all, but thought there's a good chance I'd stuff it all up, so I thought I may just re-buy it and get a "clean" FSX version. Could be where I made my mistake, LOL.

I wouldn't know which files you may mean, but installing older updates to what I have now will probably make things worse.

Weird thing is that I tried NZCH - NZWN (which is also fairly northerly) and that worked fine. Go figure! Maybe it only happens at very specific bearings (eg. around 340).

Adam.

rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 8:02am
adam

should be a great game i agree !!

my summation as i posted some time ago is that where the magnetic track is west of magnetic north but true track is east of true north you will get the problem.

at 340 magnetic, true is a about 002 north of NZWN.

for example
a) NZCH to NZWN on V393 GRETA to CC, magneic & true are both east of their respective norths ..no dramas.
b) NZWN to NZAA on H277 RUSIL to OR, magenteic is west of and true is east of their respective norths ..expect drama.

if you monitor the DTK on the EHSI, you will notice a negative track on b) which obviously the FCU can't understand (the bug is when the IRS converts true track to magenetic for the FCU)

unfortunately for NZ with its high east magnetic variation the problem happens more often as it does over california.

my advice, expect it where true & magnetic are on opposite sides of their respective norths & fly the VOR's / NDB's in HDG mode.

cheers
john
Adam_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 9:11am
Good bit of research, John!

I must have missed your original post on this (so many similar topics posted). As I don't get this problem with any other aircraft, it doesn't seem to be a generic FSX problem - just the ATR <?>.

Adam.
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2011 at 6:26pm
enarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 3:23pm
Hi Everyone

I have been using flight sims for many years and currently use FSX. I have always had a number of issues from time to time but these have always been ovecome by service pack updates and  general computer knowledge. I have used many non Microsoft aircraft the last being PMDG 737 NGX and Wilco airbus family and have become very acquainted with these and have no major issues. I purchased the ATR earlier this year and after extensive usage became quite familiar with its quirks. I have flown it manually and automatically through the AP / FMS however the software is unstable because sometimes it works OK and other times not.
The most prevalent quirk is the VNAV key which causes FSX to crash.  I can state with confidence that it is not my PC configuration or hardware  that is causing this crash.

Having only recently read this forum in depth  I am dismayed at the lack of support that has been given to this product and the number of unresolved problems.

I notice that this product is being sold and is quoted on the literature as "one of the finest aircraft expansions ever seen for Microsofts FS series" ?  it should be withdrawn or the price dropped.

I really like this aircraft and it is frustrating that is is so quirky. Its a pity that the claimed 15000 man hours of work creating it have produced such an unreliable piece of software.

I assume that no further development will be carried out so the only solution for me is to fly manually or with the auto pilot and navigate the old instruments way and accept this as the way forward and stop complaining.

Cry

Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 5:48pm
I am sorry but for you if you feel that way but I must speak as I find. I do not have any problems with this aircraft. The Nav. button has never given me a problem at all (there is no VNav). I believe that if you install correctly, load it up correctly it will fly correctly. I always install the latest Airac from Navigraph. I try on here to assist anybody with problems but of course some know better - that's why theirs doesn't work and mine does. I agree this aircraft was developed some time ago - it led the way for all the complex aircraft that have followed. Thousands of people have used or are using it with no problems at all, like me. I don't fly it as much nowadays as I am into complex heavy iron but on occasion it comes out of the hangar and I enjoy a prop flight, it makes a nice change.

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
enarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 4:25am
Hi Silverbeard

Well you are the lucky one out of the majority. Like you I use the heavy metal flying for airline Jetva (easyjet) mainly  but enjoy a prop flight occasionally.
VNAV I know is not automatic but is used to indicate TOD etc which is then actioned by the pilot. 
For me it causes an FSX crash when selecting the NEXT key to get to p2 of VNAV. The problem is intermittent and seems to be caused when the VNAV calculation takes place.  Being intermittent would seem to indicates a software glitch. It tends not to happen on short flights with few legs but on flights with lots of legs it happens more often

John
Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 12:19pm
Ah, I only bumble around the UK and near continent. I don't go long distances in the ATR or do multiple flights. So maybe thats it? But as I said before I've never had the problem, or any problem come to that. I did go through all the folders and took off all the security protection and always load FSX as administrator (Right click, drop down menu) and I always start off FSX with the safe startup scenario available from the first page of this forum. Don't give up on it yet.

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
Villan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Villan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2012 at 8:37am
Your not the only one that has the VNAV crashs i have had lots of them but reading up not long around getting the ATR i read it was fixed. So i never talked about it only to people i know in TS.
Its a problem that is still around and seeing the reply you had it shows its not ever going to get fixed.
www.skysimflight.cc
enarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2012 at 9:43am
Hi  I have been busy changing my FSX route directory to C/FSX. This was suggested by the more complex PMDG 737 NGX series aircraft developers who indicatethat  where FSX is installed in the directory "C/program files 86 /microsoft games /microsoft flight simulator FSX" directory   other installed programs in this directory may interfere. Such problems are FSX freezing etc.
Do date I have not experienced such problems but have yet to try the ATR72-500. Will keep you updated.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic