ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FSX crash when selecting VNAV on FMC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCLUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX crash when selecting VNAV on FMC
    Posted: April-08-2013 at 7:39am
Hi there,

have the following problem. After first having installed the ATR into FSX i get an PC crash after having chosen the VNAV Button at the FMC (without any error indication). This happens mostly when airborne, not on ground.

Beside this, i get above result, when activating Nav Lights/strobe lights out of the Virtuell Cockpit. It looks like, that in the blue area some how clouds are passing by, means the appearance of it changes slightly. Hope there is a solution for this.
Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 8:53am
Err, not quite sure what all your problems are but how about turning the instruments on? If you require help please give more information. What is your system, are you running in FSX? How did you install, is it disc or download? etc. etc.

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
DCLUB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCLUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 2:27pm
Hi David,

Specs are as follows:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
Intel Core I7 -3820 4 x 3.9GHZ
Corsair Venegance 8GB
Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1024
Running FSX on Samsung SSD 840 120GB (only FSX installed)
Downloaded via Flight1 with Admin Rights and deactivated Anti Virus/ Firewall. Installation with Admin Rights and i think with activated Firewall/Anti Virus but with result "sucessfully installed!

Question. Did read something about this matter here in the forum. It seems some other guys having this problem too, and Hans Hartmann did already stated in 2008, that this issue (VNAV/FMC) was planed for the next Service Pack.

Ingo

Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 3:38pm
Your rig looks very good so no probs there. As you say, some people had this problem and some didn't. I don't think it was ever resolved for sure. Did you download using 'Chrome' if you did then download again using a different browser - it nicks bits.

If you had the firewall and anti virus on when you installed that can cause problems as they can hide bits of code.

When starting a flight always use the 'Start up for complex aircraft' scenario.

I found that unlocking the security of all the individual folders associated with the ATR solved many problems. Its a rather lengthy and laborious job but I think worth while.

And of course install everything with UAC off and right click 'run as administrator' on all icons that you meet. I leave UAC off at all time it's more trouble than it's worth. Good luck

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
DCLUB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCLUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2013 at 4:44pm
Hi David,

i settled it meanwhile. Got the tip to start the ATR directly instead of the Cessna172 standard flight in KSEA. So problem with the VNAV Autopilot button is now o.k.

The problem with the missing ( as shown in picture) textures are still current. Beside this another problem qued up. Did two flights today one was perfect, on the second flight suddenly total texture areas in VC (left from PF and right from PNF disappeared). If this happens again, i will post you a pic.

Greetings
Ingo
jgniewkowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgniewkowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2013 at 4:36pm
I also get missing textures where I see the sky. Never around the comm stack like yours but "cloud bars" above and below the auto pilot control head. When I first start out it is okay, but I think it begins happening after I switch to an outside view and then back to the VC. Once I even saw shimmering around all the instruments - which I think is the same problem.
petakas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petakas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 3:44pm
Windows7 64 Home.
FSX Acceleration
NVidia GTX660Ti video card

I get the same problems.
Radio stack blue perimeter.
VNAV button crash when airborne
Also when it rains the window becomes totally grey (nothing seen through) and clears only in the area of the wipers when I switch them on.

Solution to VNAV is indeed launching FSX flight via loading ATR first and not any default Cessna etc.
When this happens and the VNAV problem is solved, upper panel switches of:
- Wipers
- FLT CTL (top left)
- EMER LOC XMTR (top)
flicker on and off.
Some time later in the flight they stop flickering.

Kyprianos Biris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic