ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Icing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DZollner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icing
    Posted: November-29-2004 at 4:07am
I decided to fly Eagle Flight 5511 from STL to IND this evening and loaded up the ole ATR and set things in motion.  I was using AS2004.5 for weather, and on climbout out of STL I noticed I'd probably need to turn on some anti-icing to get through some scattered clouds directly in my path.  Well, as I was flying through them I got a Master Caution for icing, so immediatly turned on my de-icing and looked out the left window and I'll be durned if that visual probe didn't have ice on it!  Very, very neat!    I quickly got through the scattered layer and the de-icers did their job with all the ice getting knocked off within a matter of minutes.  Anyhow, just wanted to thank the devs for a very unique, and outstanding, product.  That icing sure tickled my fancy!  
Regards,
Dan Zollner
dreamfleet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamfleet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2004 at 9:22am

Regards,

Flight One 737-200 Developer
Flight One ATR Developer
Flight One 152 Developer
Orlaam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2004 at 9:45pm

Are you serious?

If you aren't kidding, that is really cool!!!

dreamfleet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamfleet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 10:20am
Quite serious!
Regards,

Flight One 737-200 Developer
Flight One ATR Developer
Flight One 152 Developer
bisinchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bisinchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 1:01pm

I used the Anti-ice yesterday as it was pretty cold out there, didn't see that (but then I wasn't paying enough attention), but I'll try again, that's another cool stuff from the dev team!!

Francois

Orlaam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 6:36pm
Very cool!  You guys are amazing!
steve43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2005 at 10:43am

Does icing generally occur in the clouds? I have been flying for over half an hour in -10C conditions and no icing seems to be accumilating?

Steve

Liam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2005 at 3:59pm

Yeh I am even trying to find Icing conditions now LOL

Could you tell me best weather conditions to try?

Liam
bobsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2005 at 4:16pm

Raining and about 34 F on the ground. 

Bob

Private Pilot SEL
Liam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2005 at 5:11pm

Okay, Ill give that a go Bob, Thanks

Liam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic