ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum cross wind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum cross wind
    Posted: August-07-2006 at 5:21pm
Hello, whats the maximum allowed crosswind for the ATR72-500?
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 1:48am
the maximum demonstrated cross wind on dry runway ist 35 kt
best regards

Christian

ex Cpt ATR72 , ex Cpt BAe146, now CRJ Cpt , Germany
Sheva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 1:55am
Thanks, is known also the max tail and headwind?
tomer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 5:10pm

what is mean 35 crosswind? i can stand almost opposite to wind with full throttle and im not sweep away...

so why doing that?

ATRpapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATRpapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 5:46am
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....???? It means 35 kts wind blowing directly from your right or left side.

max tailwind is 10kts.

There is no max head wind limitation...hmmmmmm, I remember flying Cessna 152 with a 80 kts head wind, and the ATC thinks I'm flying the wrong direction.

those are just certificated numbers....doesn't mean you can't land it proper. It would be difficult, but not impossible.
Happy Landings
ATRpapa
tomer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 9:50am

you dont understend my quention...

if i fly with 35 wind fron Right side and i turn to HDG where the wind blow, and now why i can't keed the TRK? (with Certain amount of throttle....).

dt1951 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 11:10am
if you are trying to land or takeoff with a 35 kt cross wind, you are going to need a significant amount of correction. Keep more airspeed for maneuvering.
Dan Ward
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic