ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing navdata & navdata format/editor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing navdata & navdata format/editor?
    Posted: October-31-2004 at 6:46pm
Hey guys,

First off, this plane is amazing, the first thing that struck me is how unbelieavably smooth the EADI is, and this is coming from a PMDG tester and Reality XP Jetline/Meridian owner - great job on that!

I attempted to do my customary first flight I do with any new plane, which is KTUS-KPHX, and I ran into navdata problems with both airports:

KTUS has no data at all - just runways, both the DP (TUS6) and the STAR (DINGO5) are not present in the navdata.  KPHX is missing the SUNSS5 STAR that I need coming from the south as well.

I noticed that many of the other airports' text files in FS9/Flight 1 Software/ATR/navdata/ are empty as well - what is the status on these?  It'd be awesome if ATR could just give you guys the real data they use in the plane.

Will the proceedure syntax and/or an editor be made availiable? - I'll volunteer to add as many proceedures off the Jep charts as I can if so...

Thanks,
Ryan
Martin Georg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin Georg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 6:58pm

Hello Ryan,

we have just found some inconsistencies in the DAFIF AIRAC cycle 0411 which was used for the SIDs / STARs . Have a look also into this thread: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=70&PN= 1 .

Also, a little bird has told me that there is a good possibility for a procedure editor in nearer future ...

best regards,

Flight One ATR72-500 betatester
Hans Hartmann View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 7:13pm
Thanks for your kind words on the EADI :-)

About the nav data: We know about those problems. The only source for current navdata is the DAFIF data. Unfortunately that data is everything but complete. We only had the choice between this data and the three year of data from the Dreamfleet 737 which is of higher quality but due to their age not suitable for online flying.

The nav data format is public and you can find a detailed description here.
I'm also working on a procedure editor. This will be available quite soon.

Best regards,
Hans
Tabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 7:32pm
Thanks Martin and Hans - looking forward to the editor!

I'm really surprised ATR couldn't get you guys something for real life navdata updates though seeing how involved they were with this - that would be a killer addition to the product.

Ryan
michal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by Tabs Tabs wrote:

Thanks Martin and Hans - looking forward to the editor!

I'm really surprised ATR couldn't get you guys something for real life navdata updates though seeing how involved they were with this - that would be a killer addition to the product.

Ryan

Ryan,

ATR doesn't own the data, Jeppesen does. Also I doubt there would an easy way to dump FMS internal data to some sort of external file that Flight1 could parse and read into their product. So both legal and technical issues...

Danny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 8:49pm
Even the SID used in tutorial is missing ;)
davidvoogd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidvoogd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2004 at 9:01pm
Is there a chance we could have a central upload place for the user made SID's and STAR's?

Vancouver Island VA - www.vanisleva.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic