ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OK I give up!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK I give up!
    Posted: July-25-2020 at 12:04pm
This is not a new subject by any stretch of the imagination. There are at least four other threads for the same subject, you can find them all by googling "cold and dark not working", indeed if you look down you will see I have commented on an old thread, " Strange LNAV problem"

Why the title? well as you've probably guessed by now I have this "strange LNAV problem"

I have tried everything, but have been unable to fix the problem, namely, if I start in anything other than Status 2 "Engines running ready for take off", the auto pilot will not work. As soon as the auto pilot is engaged in Heading LNAV or VOR away it goes, rolling from side to side with ever increasing violence. If I start in Status 2 however everything works as advertised.

If anybody knows the trick to starting in "Cold and Dark" Status 0 I would love to know what it is. I am using FSX, so the default is the Ultralight, and I have the "Complex Aircraft Start" set up, I have tried saving this with everything switched off to mirror "Cold and Dark", I have tried saving the default B737 in cold and dark as default,I've tried saving one of my add on aircraft, CS B 737-200 in cold and dark as default and I've even mirrored FS9 Default with the Cessna in cold and dark as default, None of these worked.

The problem is, in my untutored opinion, caused by the config. manager but what it is corrupting is beyond me, why do I believe this? well, if you look at the .cfg for Status 0 and Status 2 the only change is the first line, and there must be more to it than that! indeed it is true if you delete the .cfg and then fly the beast a new one is automatically created by the config manager.

If anyone can help me please respond.

Stay Safe

mog 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic