ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

performance calculation worksheet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2005 at 6:29am

this is awesome ..

just one minor remark .. when using metric settings, speed should still be expressed in knots .. airport altitude should be expressed in ft ..

basicaly, in europe elevation and altitudes are expressed in feet, speeds in knots and all the rest in standard metric system

otherwise:

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2005 at 2:46pm

lefreak,

thank you for that peace of information. I will implement this in version 1.3.

Kind regards

lilo

musicpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 5:22am
Yes, in Europe we use that mixed units convention.

Length: m
height: ft
Temperature: °C
Pressure: hPa
Speed: knots

But remember: In China and Russia (and surely a whole host of other countries) the use a totally metric system (which of course is the only correct way to go - in therory - since the question always is: Why do we have a SI of units, when hal the world does not use it...)!
Greetings!

Peter
lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 2:37pm

Dear all,

version 1.3 is available and can be downloaded via

http://people.freenet.de/thilo.arndt/F1_ATR72-500_Performanc e_Calculation_v1.3.zip

New functionality:

• Torque limits are now provided for take-off, reserve take-off, max. climb, max. cruise and go-around
  • Two new sheets are added to monitor climb and cruise performance in flight. Actually, only torque is provided there.
  • User interface looks better now (at least I think so)

Bug fixes and changes:

• Validation of input arguments has been improved to avoid overflow error messages
  • Unit for altitude can now be specified independently from units for horizontal distances
  • Obstacle decrement calculation has been completely revised. The method used before calculated wrong weights for input values not being grid points. New data sheets are provided as well.

Well, I wanted to implement service ceiling calculation in this version. But I had to learn that more information is required (mostly weather data) in order to calculate this. Since I want to make things easier I leave it out until I have a great idea how to deal with it.

rgds

lilo

fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2005 at 12:32am

Hi lilo

Could you please explain me what is understand by the following:

• Near End Elevation
  • Far End Elevation
  • Close Obstacle Height
  • Distance
  • Remote Obstacle Height
  • Distance

Thank you

Fredo

Frédéric Gentil

All my F1 ATR Repaint

Graeme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2005 at 1:41am

Nice piece or work adn thankyou. It will be well used in this ATR household

Graeme NZ

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2005 at 6:43pm

fredo,

Near end elevation is the elevation of the close end of the runway. This is the end where you will start you take off. The far end elevation is the elevation of the runway's opposite end. Both values are used to calculate the runway slope. If you don't have charts for the airport/runway you can leave both fields empty. The runway slope then defaults to 0 %.

Close obstacle height is the height of a significant object located between 0 and 1000 m behind the runway end. The height is the vertical distance between the elevation of the runway and the elevation of the object's highest point. The input field "Distance" right below the close obstacle height input field is the corresponding distance in m/ft, depending on the unit of measure you defined for short distances. Just enter a height and a distance here. If the height you entered is too low to be significant the sheet will tell you that. On the other hand, if it is too high so that the aircraft cannot overfly the obstacle, the sheet will tell you that too. It's the same for a remote obstacle located between 1 and 10 km behind the runway. Again, if you don't have airport charts where you can read the obstacle information from just leave those fields empty.

rgds

lilo

fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2005 at 11:18pm

Hi lilo

Thank you very much

rgds

Fredo

Frédéric Gentil

All my F1 ATR Repaint

Graeme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2005 at 1:21am

Hi Lilo,

I can only get a V2 reading when the runway is limiting.

My local QNH is 1018 and I have entered that in the format 1,018.00 and I keep getting a TOW Limit EXCEEDED.

Can you assist with these two queries please?

tks

Graeme 

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2005 at 4:29pm

Hm, I'm not sure. From the QNH alone I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you be so kind please, enter the values you have problems with, save the file (optionally zip it) and send it to me via email? Then I will have a look at it. My email address is on the info sheet.

kind regards

lilo

Graeme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2005 at 5:51pm

lilo,

Spreadsheet sample on its way to your email address.

tks

Graeme

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2005 at 5:23am

Dear all,

version 1.4 is available for download via

http://people.freenet.de/thilo.arndt/F1_ATR72-500_Performanc e_Calculation.zip

Bug fixes and changes:

• calculation of weight from WAT changed to map pressure altitude values less than zero to zero and map temperature values less than zero to zero under normal conditions
  • calculation of V1/V2 changed to map pressure altitude values less than zero to zero
  • weight decrement warning removed for obstacle height and/or distance <= 0

I changed the file name of the package so it doesn't contain the version number any longer. This way users will always download the latest version when using the above URL.

Let me know if something doesn't work the way you think it should.

Kind regards

lilo

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2006 at 5:26pm

Dear all,

I changed my ISP. So my homepage moved. The new URL for downloading the worksheet is:

http://thilo-arndt.homepage.t-online.de/F1/F1_ATR72-500_Perf ormance_Calculation.zip

rgds

lilo

Flyingkiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyingkiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:01am
I've tried it, but I've some troubles to use it. I put values, and there is some letters in the results box. Is it because I've an old version of Excel ?
And too ( old version too ? ), an error occured every time I open the file ; compilation error Ouch

Whatever, I would like, like the others, thank you for your intuitive and easy-to-use file !
It's a great help to have it !
musicpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2007 at 9:48am
Try changing your regional settings either in Control panel or Excel: This error happens when the spreadsheet expects a decimal sign of "." or "," but in the settings it is set to something else.
Greetings!

Peter
denisjola View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denisjola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2008 at 5:18pm

the site is in german...oops... is the file still available

thanking you in anticipation for your comprehension

denis

Ashley
Shazin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2019 at 1:42am
Dear Lilo,

Very impressed with the comments in this discussion forum. Would like to explore your excel file with all the performance calculation for TO & LND.

I am unable to download the file from all the given links. If it's not a matter of botheration, could you please send me the file via email (shazinchachi7@gmail.com) or WhatsApp(+919633781124).

Thank you,
Mohammed Shazin Shoukath
Flight Operations Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic