ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

POWER LEVER TO NOTCH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POWER LEVER TO NOTCH
    Posted: April-10-2016 at 9:49am
Hi,
for the ATR 72-500 take off the tutorial manual (page 31) says to advance both PLs to TO NOTCH and specifies "right mouse button click on PLs on engine control panel ". My question is WHERE IS THE POWER NOTCH, or how can I identify it? If I right-click the power levers move all the way up. If on the contrary I click left mouse button, I can guide the PLs, but up to which point ?
Thanks
Once you have tasted flight you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, because you have been there and there you will long to return   (Leonardo da Vinci)
Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2016 at 12:40pm
Just right click between the throttle handles when starting your take off roll and they are set into the notch. Thereafter only the mode switch is required until descent.

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2016 at 1:48pm
Thanks, so the Notch is actually the upper end of the PL slide
-----------------------------
Now another question, please.
The Take off TQ is computed according to PWR MGT setting, and a yellow triangle is posted on the TQ meter.
During TO the tutorial says "check that actual TQ matches take off TQ (manual bug) and adjust moving PL if required".
Now, what's the function and need of the manual bug, if the required TQ is automatically computed and posted with the yellow triangle ?
Thanks again
C.
Once you have tasted flight you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, because you have been there and there you will long to return   (Leonardo da Vinci)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 11:52am
1. yes that's where it sets to.

2. Sorry Chestnut but this question is a little to deep for me. I just wait for the rotate call out and up we go. I then climb on auto pilot using the speed setting facility.

David

pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Chestnut Chestnut wrote:

Thanks, so the Notch is actually the upper end of the PL slide
-----------------------------
Now another question, please.
The Take off TQ is computed according to PWR MGT setting, and a yellow triangle is posted on the TQ meter.
During TO the tutorial says "check that actual TQ matches take off TQ (manual bug) and adjust moving PL if required".
Now, what's the function and need of the manual bug, if the required TQ is automatically computed and posted with the yellow triangle ?
Thanks again
C.

The computed torque setting for takeoff (solid yellow bug) is the "reserve" torque T/O setting. This is the maximum that can be used and will be provided automatically in the event of engine failure on take off/climb out.

A normal takeoff will use a lower Torque setting (manual bug), computed from the tables in the manual. This torque value is manually bugged by the crew, and is the one referred to in your quote above.

The manualy computed TQ setting is a bit like a derated T/O thrust in a jet turbine.
Peter
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 8:46am
Thanks, that clarifies the situation. I'll now try yo learn how to compute torque.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 4:11pm
Sorry to not be able to help but I wish you every success. Enjoy the plane, it was just about the first major attempt at producing a realistic flight model and a very good attempt it was.

David

Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 7:05am
David ....
thanks for having been the first to answer. Now we both know something more about torque, even if I still have to discover how to compute the valude to bug manually.Smile
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 7:09am
Pschlute ....
thanks again for your answer. I have gone through the manual but I'm afraid I did not find any TQ computation table. Would you please assist once more telling me where I could find them ?
Chestnut

pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2016 at 6:46pm
page 304 of the manual has the chart for T/O torque
Peter
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 4:45am
Thanks,
found that page. Actually I was looking into the simulator manual which I printed after installing the ATR.
Chestnut
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 6:07am
I have the printed Aircraft Flight Manual with all the tables etc, but I do not find anymore the digital (possibly PDF) version in the installed software.... where should it be ?
Thanks
Chestnut
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 3:29am
The manual can be accessed either from your windows start button... Flight1/ATR/

or directly from your sim/Flight1 software folder.
Peter
Chestnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 5:48am
Sorry for being still here, but after looking into all the folders where there is Flight1 ATR material I only find the Orientation Manual F1ATR_COM, but not the Aicraft Manual. Maybe if you would let me have the file name I can search and find out where it finally ended on my HD.
Thanks, have a nice week-end
Chestnut
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 4:45pm
The Orientation manual is the one I am referring to. The only other manuals installed are the Config manager instructions, and T-O-M instructions.

It is 481 pages long and contains everything you need to know to operate the aircraft, including the tutorial flight and the tables needed to calculate T/O torque.
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic