ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PowerBack doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joselete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PowerBack doesn't work
    Posted: August-29-2014 at 10:05pm
Hello, first of all I'll introduce myself, I'm Jose Marrero, I'm from Canary Islands and I'm a ATR lover.

Here's the question, I always do powerback with the ATR instead of Push Back, maybe because here in the Canaries they use that procedure and I find it really wonderful. My problem is that I don't know why sometimes, when I apply reversers the aircraft starts to powerback "smooth as silk" but sometimes even with the full reverser applied the aircraft doesn't move and I'm obligated to do a pushback. I don't know if it's a simulation problem or something related with the aircraft performance.

Thank you!
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2014 at 4:24am
Probably related to the airport apron properties. If the surface has a high friction, the reversers may not be enough to move the aircraft.
Peter
Joselete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joselete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2014 at 9:23am
I don't think so, at the same airport and parking and sometimes work and sometimes doesn't work.

Thank you!
Joselete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joselete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2014 at 9:55am
Any idea?, 

Thank you.
bodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 3:22pm
Hi there,
i would like to bring up this question again, because i am experiencing the same Problem. I tried a powerback several times never managed to roll backwards. I am flying the ATR on Windows XP with FS2004. Parking Brakes are released... of course ;-)

Virtual Pilot on:
ATR 72-500 / Boeing 767-300ER
bodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 3:26pm
Ups... just after writing the above post i found this one by Mr. Hans Hartmann:
http://atr.flight1.net/forums/power-pushback_topic3778_post20208.html?KW=powerback#20208

I will give it a try on an empty ATR.
Virtual Pilot on:
ATR 72-500 / Boeing 767-300ER
pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 3:50am
I have always been able to do a powerback in FS9 with the ATR.
Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic