ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop brake and COM questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 747 Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop brake and COM questions
    Posted: January-15-2006 at 4:54pm

Hi,

Firstly can I thank Flight 1 for an excellent job on the ATR

I've been working through the manual and the tutorial and have a few questions.

1) Why can I not seem to disable the Prob Brake when going from Hotel Mode to both engines running? What am I missing? I just keep getting the warning buzzer when I try to switch it off...

2) When setting COM 1 and 2 in the first tutorial, the manual says to turn the audio settings to BOTH so I can hear both, I cant see that button anywhere?!

Any help/pointers appricated

Stentor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stentor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2006 at 6:12pm
You need to do one of two things, either push the engine one Condition Lever to Auto (assuming that one has been started)which will supply hydraulic pressure, or press the Standby hydraulic switch on the pedestal again, this will allow you to go through the process of switching the prop brake off.

I think?
KVNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KVNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2006 at 3:25am
before turning the prop brake on or off you must press the "Aux hyd power" button on the throttle console.  This provides the prop brake with hydrolic power for 30 seconds.  If you try to movce the prop brake switch while the engines are off with out pressing that switch first then, as you descibed, you'll get  a warning sound, and the brake will not actually engage.
hobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 3:38pm

Hi,

the use of propbrake and aux pump has been described yet...

The COMīs:

Opening the COM-window (Shift+2) you can adjust the COM1 and COM2 frequencies; there you find switches to switch on or off the sounds of markers, COMīs etc., there you will even find turning knobs to adjust audibility of the (COM) sounds.

Turning on the sound of COM1 and COM2 (turn both knobs via right mouse-click clockwise), you will hear both sounds...

Have a nice flight,

Hobie

747 Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 747 Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2006 at 4:46pm

Thanks. I've managed to sort out my little problem!

Payware planes are new to me - this is my first and i'm stunned at the detail!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic