ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saitek & FSUIPC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBE66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saitek & FSUIPC
    Posted: October-16-2010 at 7:08pm

i am running fsx with saitek panels, yoke, pedals etc

as some of you might have experienced, some things wont work in the ATR Confused

so, to get to the point, i have 2 questions:
1. is it possible to export the key assignments from fsuipc, so someone could provide me his/her assignments?
2. has anyone found a solution for the autopilot panel? (which doesnt work either)

PS: a copy of your FSUIPC.INI or FSUIPC4.INI (in configured state) would do wonders
if you assigned the devices via letters instead of id's you can also backup the .ini for reinstallation etc ;-)

thank you!
dmelia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 11:25am
Sir

Yes, I have the Saitek pro yoke and throttle quadrant. I had some trouble at first, programming the levers for throttle (lever 1) and the two condition levers (2 & 3). None of the standard FS control items seemed to work. In the end, I used mouse macros.

• In FSUIPC, go to buttons/switches, make macro, give it a base name, like F1_ATR_COND, OK
  • open the throttle quadrant in 2D - FSUIPC will want to save the mouse click, press esc.
  • on cond lever 1, with the levers in F/SO, rt click to advance to FTR, enter a name for the macro, eg. ENG 1 FTR, and press enter. Repeat this for ENG 1 AUTO, ENG 1 FULL ENG 1 F/SO and do the same for ENG 2.
  • Re-open FSUIPC, buttons/switches, end macro making.
  • Go to the axis assignment page, click aircraft specific, press RESCAN and move lever 2.
  • Enter nothing on the left. On the right, ensure the range setting is '1'. press FROM.
  • Move the lever to, say 25%, press TO. check the 'up/down' flags, and from the FS Control set list below select F1_ATR_COND ENG 1 FTR.
  • Change the range value to '2'. Move lever 2 a little, say to 30%, and press FROM, then move it up to 75% and press TO, check 'up/down' and from the FS control set list below select F1_ATR_COND ENG 1 AUTO
  • Change range value to '3'. Push lever 2 all the way up. Press FROM, then TO - yes, they can be the same value. From the FS Control Set list below, select F1_ATR_ COND ENG 1 FULL.
  • Finally, change to the buttons/switches page. Check aricraft specific.Pull lever 2 all the way back past the detent to the end stop. From the FS Control Menu on the RIGHT, as before, select F1_ATR_COND ENG 1 F/SO.
  • Click OK and close FSUIPC, and try your condition lever. Moving it out of the detent will move the on-screen lever to FTR, move it up to between 30% and 75% will move the on screen lever to AUTO, and finally push it all the way forward for "FULL". Now move it back to the bottom (not into the detent) for FTR again and finally through the "gate" for F/SO.
Repeat that for lever 3. I also have the two button immediately below the newly programmed condition levers to ENG 1 Autostart and ENG 2 Auto start. Program the axis for lever 1 for throttle (both). You can also program a button using mouse macros to set the throttles to T/O notch in the same way.... record your mouse clicks, give it a  name, them program the button of your choice! Easy! LOL

When I get home, I'll cut the axis and button settings out of my FSUIPC config file, and paste it in here, I doubt it will work on yours, but at least it will give you a guide.

Hope that helps.

Drew Melia
Drew Melia
DVA1356
Operations Manager Air Dubai VA
HBE66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBE66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 3:44pm
hi dmelia, thank you for your reply

id be very greatfull if you can provide me a copy of your config
the thing is i usually dont have that much time to fly
and every time i start configuring i get fed up and just fly a different plane
otherwhise id spend the entire time id have to fly, doing the config
which is kind of a shame, considering the detail of the atr

HBE66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBE66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2010 at 7:18pm
btw i stumbled over a solution to the saitek radio, switch and multi panels: SPAD from
http://fstools.weebly.com

dmelia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2010 at 7:46am
Sure, no prob... see your private messages.

DM
Drew Melia
DVA1356
Operations Manager Air Dubai VA
alan@aol.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 7:26am
Alright what I did is Reinstall FSINN software then I started FSINN software then I started FS9 then I loaded my plane on the tarmac and tested out some FSINN options and it loaded my planes into database.

I then Opened up my Saitek interface software and went back into my FS9 and crossed my fingers as I flipped on the battery checked atis and then started my engine with no problems with the FSINN control panel open but disconnected from the server, so crossing my fingers this might have fixed it.
Alan
jimmypeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmypeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2011 at 5:52am

Hi guys,,,,

Nice discussion is going on it proves

To be helpful for me and should be helpful for everyone,,,,

And I also really enjoyed it .

Thanks,,,,,

JIMMY PETER
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2011 at 5:16pm
Hey everybody!
Does anyone can help me with programming FSUIPC and Saitek Switch Panel to control PWR MGT knob? In saitek panel there is 5 position knob I want to use.
I know I need to write conditional push but it is not working. Please help :)

let's say that my buttons looks like this
joy70but1 - position TO
joy70but2 - position MCT
joy70but3 - CLB
joy70but4 - CRS

how to write that?

thank you in advance,
Leszek
gstew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2011 at 11:14am
Hi,

Is there any way to assign the condition levers to a button or switch with fsuipc? I can't seem to make a mouse macro with the condition levers for some reason(no problem making them with any other instrument).

thanks,

Grant

LIT206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIT206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2013 at 3:48am
Hi Leszek,

Iknow that this thread has been dead for a while,but thanks to it, I could properly configure my levers. Also you raised an idea for me, using the knob to change the power management. And it just happened that I found out the solution,so if you (or someone else) want the solution, I can describe it here.

Also at the same time, I would like to know if anyone has experience with Saitek Radio Panel and F1 ATR working together ?

Thanks !

Max
Maxime Faure
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 7:47am
Hi Max!

I haven't configure that at the end but with pleasure will use your solution! Please share the code.

For Saitek Radio Panel I'm using it with ATR without any problem, it works perfect. The only condition is to use not a standard drivers from Saitek, but SPAD drivers. They are free and they let you prepare different configurations for different planes for ALL Saitek panels,

best,
Leszel
LIT206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIT206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 8:52am
Hi Leszel (or Leszek ?)

So the solution is not from me but from someoneelse on another forum. If I find it back, I'll post original link here.
So of course you need the registered version of FSUIPC, and, as you mentionned, SPAD drivers (I bought the radio panel btw, it just works super fine).
So at first you need to set with SPAD a joystick and button number to each position of the knob (but I guess it has already been done).
Also you will have to make a LUA macro. With Notepas, create a file named ATR.lua in the modules folder of FS, and put the following text in it. Save and close:
------------------------------------------
local function pwrMgmtDir(fromVal, toVal)
if fromVal == toVal then
elseif fromVal > toVal then
ipc.keypress(116)   -- 116 keycode is F5, rotate left
else
ipc.keypress(117)   -- 117 keycode is F6, rotate right
end
end

-- Power Management TO
    if ipcPARAM == 3 then   
        n = ipc.readLvar("ATRPwrMgt")
pwrMgmtDir(n, 0)

end

-- Power Management MCT
    if ipcPARAM == 4 then   
pwrMgmtDir(n, 1)

end

-- Power Management CLB
    if ipcPARAM == 5 then   
pwrMgmtDir(n, 2)

end

-- Power Management CRZ
    if ipcPARAM == 6 then   
pwrMgmtDir(n, 3)

end
---------------------------------------
Now in FSUIPC, in the "switch and button section, do the following assignment for the knob:
position TO : assign "Lua ATR" control, with Parameter 3
position MCT : same control with parameter 4
position CLB : same control with parameter 5
position CRZ : same control with parameter 6

Now you will need to use some keybord buttons. In my case, I used F5 and F6 (they are normally used for flaps control, but I guess you assigned some levers to it, so no big deal in our case. If you are already using this keys, then you may have to utilize some others, and modify the LUA file.
Also, you will need to create 2 mouse macro. One for turning the Power management button counterclockwise (I called it PWRMGT_L), and one for when you turn it clockwise (PWRMGT_R).
in FSUIPC, in the keypress section, assign to F5 key PWRMGT_L, and to the F6 PWRMGT_R.
That's it, and it should work just fine !
Some explanations on how it works:
Everytime the knob is turned, the LUA code will check if you are turning left or right. If you are turning it left, it will simulate a F5 keypress (that is mapped with the proper macro). If you are turning right, it will send a F6 keypressed.
Here we are! If you have some questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
best regards,
Maxime

Maxime Faure
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 4:32pm
Dear Maxime,

Thanks a lot for help! It works great for ATR. I'm a beginner in LUA so I wouldn't be able to write it by myself. But I was programming earlier so in general I understand the script. I would like to use it to configure some switches also in other planes but when I copy script it doesn't work. I assume it's an issue linked with variable ATRPwrMgt. Where this variable is defined? Where lua takes this value from?
I try to configure rotary switch for IRS in PMDG... I would like also configure another switch with start rotary in ATR. Any help?

best,
Leszek
LIT206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIT206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2014 at 3:26am
Dear Leszek,

you are right, it's an issue with variable ATRPwrMgt. avtually, this variable is one of the multiple Lvar of the plane. Unfortunately, LVars are listed nowhere. I use LINDA program to get a list of them but sometimes it is not very clear, as lvar's name is not self explanatory. However, this LINDA program works for FSX only, and since I'm running the ATR on FS9. But it may be the same, so I need to install the ATR on FSX and try to get this.
I'm in same position as you, very beginner with LUA, but have some knowledge in programmation. Lately, I hadn'y much time to go deep in this, but I'll continue. Many options are now available thanks to it,and I would like to have my PMDG777 work with those panels as well.
I'll keep you posted.
Regards,

Maxime
Maxime Faure
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2014 at 8:27am
Dear Maxime,

Thanks a lot for answer. I will try to install this script to capture Lvars too and maybe we can together get some useful data. BTW it's a pity that Flight1 is not providing such things... That would make life of cockpit builders much much easier :)

best,
Leszek
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2014 at 3:12pm
Hi again!

Good news! I was able to capture some Lvars from ATR. Unfortunately only rotaries and switches are as Lvars, buttons on ovh are not so they must be linked via mouse macro. But still it's available. I grabbed also some vars in other planes and adapted your script to IRS switches in PMDG 737. It works as it should :)
Please let me know which variables you need and I'll try to help!

best,
Leszek
LIT206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIT206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2014 at 1:13am
Hi Leszek!

Glad I could help you here! I'm interested in your Lvar list, especially for the switches, because when I map them with mouse macro, if the panel is not in the right configuration, the panel switch may be on but fsplane's switch in off position, and vice versa. As for the buttons, this is less an issue.
I'm also glad that you could make it work for PMDG 737. I don't have this plane (yet, I'm considering to buy it), but I have the new 777 and therefore have good hopes to make something nice. I had no time recently, but I'll soon work on it.
Just for sharing,I'll post a picture of my configuration with my switches assignement,mabe we should get some new ideas!
regards!
Max
Maxime Faure
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2014 at 8:15am
Hey!

Unfortunately two position switches (lights for example) are not as Lvars... Only those with three or more positions are. I'm thinking about some script to solve this issue, but as ATR does not use offsets it might be difficult. It's the same as with the state of announciators in overhead panel. No way to get them... That explains why it's so difficult to build fully working ovh for ATR.

I will post the list today later in the evening.

best,
Leszek
leszek81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leszek81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 1:39pm
Hey,

Sorry for delay but I had a busy time at work. Here is the list of Lvars in ATR-72:

ATRPLLeft
ATRPLRight
ATRPitGuard
ATRCLLeft - condition lever left: values: 240(fuel so), 160(ftr), 80(auto), 0(ovrd)
ATRCLRight - condition lever right, values as for the left one
ATREngStart - values 0(off),1,2,3,4(start A&B)
ATRBattSwitch: 0,1,2
ATREmerExit: 0.1.2
ATRWiperLeft - values 0,1,2
ATRWiperRight - values 0,1,2
All lights switches, values 0,1:
ATRLogo (0,1)
ATRStrobe (0,1)
ATRNav (0,1)
ATRBeacon (0,1)
ATRTaxi (0,1)
ATRLdgLeft (0,1)
ATRLdgRight (0,1)
ATRWing (0,1)
ATRDome (values 0,1,2)
ATRCockpit (0,1)
ATRMinCab (0,1)
ATRStbyComp (0,1)
ATROvbd - ovhd valve (0,1)
ATRTLUSwitch 0,1,2
ATREmerLocXmtr (0,1)
ATRBattSel (0,1)
ATRSeatbelts (0,1)
ATRNoSmoking (0,1)
ATRPwrMgt (0,1,2,3) - power management
ATRCockpitDoor

Unfortunately buttons are not lvars... Only switches. Let me know if you need any other specific ones, I'll try to help :)

best,
Leszek
LIT206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIT206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 3:05am
Hi Leszek,
thanks a lot for the posting of Lvars, it will help me to slightly change my configuration, especially for the CL assignment. Also I'll try to have the PL work properly (actually moving them in notches).
Also, I have one question : there is nothing for flaps lever ? Because I also having an issue (the fsuipc macro only record flaps up or flaps down. So I cannot configure properly the lever, and have to "trick" when i want to retract the flaps.
Many thanks anyhow for your help. I'll try to post soon a picture with my buttons/switch configuration.
Have a nice day,
Max
Maxime Faure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic