ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Development Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*** Service Pack 3 Beta 5 available ***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *** Service Pack 3 Beta 5 available ***
    Posted: November-10-2005 at 3:31am
Hello everybody!

The recent release of FS2Crew for the ATR comes with a new set of ATR gauges. This SP3b5 is identical to the files shipped with FS2Crew. It's fully tested but there are still several things on my list which I would like to add, so I still call it "beta".

Here's the download (8.9 MB).

And here's the readme file:
-------------------------

Flight One ATR 72-500 Service Pack 3 Beta 5
===========================================

!!!IMPORTANT - GAUGE SIZE & VIRUS WARNINGS!!!
---------------------------------------------
We use a new anti-cracker system on these gauges (which they will probably only laugh about...) which among other measures compresses the gauge code. So don't worry about F1ATR.gau and F1ATRB.gau being much smaller than in SP3B4 and earlier. I also noticed that in some cases
my anti-virus software (AntiVir Premium) reports the gauge files to contain a trojan horse. This is definitely NOT the case so no need to worry.

!!!BEFORE YOU INSTALL!!!
------------------------
Please make sure that you backup your F1ATR.gau and F1ATRB.gau before installing this service pack!!!!

Fixes / Improvements:
- Improved localizer hold in crosswind conditions (see below)
- Disabled VS Hold when App mode is active. This one caused glideslope capture to fail
- CDI is now correctly displayed in RNAV mode (was mirrored)
- Flaps extension flag now works without flickering
- Speed callouts now use icing speeds when ICING warning is on
- TCAS resolutions advisories are now displayed correctly
- Configuration manager volume control fixed. Now you can finally set the volume for the avionics sound ;-)
- De-Ice boots now work with bleed air
- Heading to alt, course to alt and course fix to alt procedure types fixed (no more turning before altitude is reached
- Single channel annunciator now lights when condition levers are moved from FSO or FTR to AUTO
- Hot brakes now cool down faster in flight when the gear is down
- Relative altitude of TCAS targets is now displayed correctly
- TCAS altitude calculation is now based on 1013 Hpa instead of current baro setting (Thanks to Lee Hetherington for his help on that!)
- And a few minor fixes which came up in the support forum and which I of course forgot to write down... I'm getting old!

New features:
- Stick Pusher
- Autopilot Basic Mode and TCS (see below)
- Clickspot to re-select engines 1 & 2(see below)

Notes
-----

1) Improved localizer hold in crosswind conditions
This was an aircraft.cfg related problem, so that file must be updated:
- Open <your fs folder>\Aircraft\Flight 1 ATR-72-500\aircraft.cfg in notepad (Windows default text editor)
- Find the [autopilot] section
- Replace all existing lines which start with nav_ or gs_ with these:

nav_proportional_control=20.0 //15
nav_integrator_control=0.25 //0.1
nav_derivative_control=0.0
nav_integrator_boundary=2.5 //0.2
nav_derivative_boundary=0.0
gs_proportional_control=20.0 //15
gs_integrator_control=0.5
gs_derivative_control=0.0
gs_integrator_boundary=0.5
gs_derivative_boundary=0.0

- Save the aircraft.cfg and reload the aircraft.

2) Autopilot Basic Mode and TCS
This mode is active as soon as the Flight Director or Autopilot is switched on.
When switched on, it holds the current pitch. If the bank angle is below 6 degrees, the wings level. If it is between 6 and 27 degrees, the basic mode holds current bank angle. If the bank angle is greater than 27 degrees, it falls back to 27 degrees and holds that.
The TCS switch (Touch Control Steering) allows the pilot to sync the pitch mode to the current aircraft attitude. Since this switch is on the back side of the yoke, we can't put it in the correct spot. Instead we used three different locations for it:
- The L SEL switch on the ADU
- The R SEL switch on the ADU
- The registration plate on both, the captain's and the f/o's side

3) Clickspot to re-select engines 1 & 2
Pressing the 'E' key without any modifiers (shift, alt, ctrl) when the FMC keyboard input mode is not enabled causes FS to select engine number 1 instead of 1 and 2. Re-selecting both engines by pressing E+1+2 can be a real pain, so I put a clickspot which re-selects both engines without any hassle. The only thing you need to do is to click the annunciator light right below the GA switch on the control stand.
Best regards,
Hans
fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2005 at 3:33pm

Hi Hans,

when I look in the properties version of the gauges, I saw "sp3 beta 4 for fs2crew", is that correct or do I need to download the sp3 beta 5. Sorry for my ignorance but just to be sure!!!

Frédéric Gentil

All my F1 ATR Repaint

Hans Hartmann View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2005 at 3:35pm
It's correct. They're actually the same files. The only difference is the version info resource.
Best regards,
Hans
fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2005 at 3:36pm

Ok thks, for the rapid response

Frédéric Gentil

All my F1 ATR Repaint

konraf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2005 at 8:52am
Hi

After this patch something wrong happened to the avionics sound. Ealier, after switching Battery to ON possition one colud hear sound. I checked Configuration Manager. All sound volumes are set to more or less 40%. In FS2004 also sounds are not disabled.

Regards

Bartek
Douglas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2005 at 11:47pm
Autopilot appears to be working better than before.

Still don't have any speed announcements on takeoff or altitude calls when landing.  Sound settings are proper.
Douglas
Hans Hartmann View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2005 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Douglas Douglas wrote:

Autopilot appears to be working better than before.

It hasn't been changed at all

As for the missing copilot: open FS9\Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\ATR.cfg with notepad and change all volume settings to 19. Save the file and try again.
Best regards,
Hans
Douglas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2005 at 10:39am
You know your stuff, that did the trick.
Douglas
ToMyLi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToMyLi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2006 at 7:30pm

Seems this Beta CTD with the non english FS versions... I am for sure, I have the Spanish.

Happy Landings!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic