ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skipping aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagletail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skipping aircraft
    Posted: December-02-2004 at 3:03am
No, this is not a story about Skippy the Kangeroo for those of you in Australia! But, during the past week or so, I have occasionally experienced that an aircraft will jump or "skip" while getting into position on the runway that ATC directs me to. Might this be due to a combination of lowered flaps and speed while positioning? Thanks for any suggestions.
Best wishes from ENTC at 70N

eagletail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagletail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 3:11am
Sorry, maybe I need to learn how to post images instead! Let's see if I get it right this time.

Douglas C. Bott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Douglas C. Bott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 5:49pm

does it show normal motion before the "skip", or does it hang up (stop) moving prior to the skip???

And is BODO still a party town??? 

Doug in Phoenix
eagletail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagletail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2004 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Douglas C. Bott Douglas C. Bott wrote:

does it show normal motion before the "skip", or does it hang up (stop) moving prior to the skip???

And is BODO still a party town??? 

The aircraft motion appears perfectly normal before suddenly has a little "hiccup". No hang up...
And, actually, I live in Tromso which is a town even more renown for its social life! (I'm originally from Minneapolis though.)

guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2004 at 12:47am
Ah Minneapolis huh, I went for my undergrad to Minnesota state, Mankato. Minneapolis isn't too bad, but i hate the cold so I moved to San diego for my masters .
I know there are a lot of northern european descent people in Minnesota. What took you all the way to norway?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
eagletail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagletail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2004 at 2:29pm
You went to Mankato? That's quite a coincidence. And I can certainly understand how you felt that the cold got to be too much at times. I did the opposite, however, and moved to Norway after completing my BA in Scandinavian Area Studies in Minnepolis. My family is part Norwegian - just as many are in Minnesota. Now I'm living in a small town 500 miles North of the Arctic Circle.

guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2004 at 2:33pm
you are crazy . It must be even colder there!!!!
I did my undergrad in electrical engineering and now my masters is in telecommunications (a branch of electrical engineering).
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic