ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] FSX Autopilot problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] FSX Autopilot problems
    Posted: January-08-2012 at 9:43am
Hey Guys,

I have a big Problem with my ATR on FSX.

I've searched the web for the problem, and I have found some threads, but they are very old (from 2005) and I couldn't find a solution for the problem.

Everything of my Flight1 ATR works, but if I load the plane in "Cold and Dark" or "Ready for Engine Start" Status, I have problems with my Autopilot. Let me say, big problems.

The ALT and VS mode works, but if I connect the HDG mode, the plane turns to the left, shortly before bank angle, and then to the right, also shortly before bank angle, then it turns again to the left (sometimes I have to disconnect the AP, because the airplane would crash to the ground), and again to the right, and so on... same in NAV mode.

I have found some threads of the same problem by other users, but the websites are in german language.

Here is one of the same problem from another forum:
http://www.flightforum.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=34416

If I load the plane in "Engines running" status everything works fine.

I can not find a solution of the problem. Hope you can help me!
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 10:57am
Some facts:
I use FSX with SP2 and Acceleration.
Windows 7 64 bit

Maybe it is helpful to know that it seems that the plane just want to go on to the selected Headings or to the course of my next waypoint in NAV mode, but she's not turning back to the neutral position in time to reach the correct course. She turns back to late, so she has to turn back to the other side very aggressive to reach the selected heading again.

So, the effect is so heavy that I have to disconnect the AP and fly manual, otherwise I would reach the bank limit and crash down...

Silverbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 1:21pm
Very strange but not unheard of. It is know that for some, not everybody, this problem rears it's ugly head when flying a northerly route. There is no definative fix - it was never possible to replicate the problem in house by the development team so they could not find a fix.
You could try re-callibration of your joystick etc. that has been know to assist. Also some files were missing from Win 7 that older software needs. They are comdlg32, dx7vb. have a search around you should find them. If you cannot PM me with your email address and I will find them for you - I've got them somewhere.
Good luck keep trying it's worth the effort.

David

If it 'aint broke dont fix it.
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 2:36pm
This is really sad.

Only possibility now that I have is to load the ATR in Engines running mode and shut down everything manually...

Hope this works...

ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 3:06pm
If I load the plane in "Engines running" panel state and shut everything down manually, the same problem... it doesn't work.

Now I have to ask a question.
Is there any possbility to get my money back?
I've purchased the ATR today.

Sorry, but in this condition the Addon is useless for me.
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 3:26pm
On IVAO I found a User with the same problem:
http://forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=104276.0;nowap

Seems that this is a well known problem of the ATR.
How can it be that there is no solution to find??!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 4:31pm
ibizaFR, Its not that well known a problem but it does happen to a few. I understand how frustrating it can be but if you can get it working well it is a great plane to fly. I believe you can get your money back but never having looked I don't know the rules or the timespan. I have offered to forward some files that if installed in Win 7 may help you. Before giving up I would un-install then re-install ensuring that UAC and any virus/security software is turned off.

David

iceroad2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceroad2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 8:13pm
you could also try to get them to send u a cd version..
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2012 at 5:09am
@Silverbeard
The files that you have called are already installed in my system32 and SysWOW64 Folder.
I think some of them were need also for the configuration manager of the ATR, because first I got an Error 429.

Uninstall and reinstall was just happened and UAC is always turned off on my PC. Anti Virus not.

I will try again, but my hope is very small.
The plane is very nice, I know that. This is the main reason why I'm really sad. :(
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2012 at 5:44am
Uninstall, reinstall with WLAN Off, AntiVirus Off, installed as admin, it doesn't work...

It's so frustrating... :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2012 at 7:13am
I'm very sorry that I have not been able to help you. I am clean out of ideas. I run it in Win 7 64bit with no problems at all. It certainly runs better in Win 7 than it ever did in XP.
I understand your frustration if I had your problem I would feel the same. I would certainly turn off the virus checker and firewall redownload and then re-install.

David

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2012 at 2:44pm
ibizaFR,

Are you using a safe startup flight prior to loading the ATR?

For the error 429 issue you might take a look at this thread... 

You can get a refund if you are not happy with the product and have purchased it within the last 30 days.  Go here to request one by creating a new ticket:

Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2012 at 3:32pm

Just had a thought  -  are you running it with a force feedback joystick. If my memory serves me well I believe there was a problem with them and that a patch was made for it.

David

ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2012 at 6:47am
@Jeff Smith
What do you mean with the "safe startup flight" to load the ATR?
I was always starting my FSX, select the plane, select my airport, the panel state and the situation was loading, ready...

Should I try to load first the default Cessna, load the scenery, and then change the aircraft to the ATR? I know this cleared some problems in FS9 sometimes.

Regarding the 429 error, this problem was fixed already.
No problem with that.

@silverbeard
Many thanks to you for your help and for your time!
I am using a joystick, but no force feedback.
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2012 at 7:01am
I can't believe it, I had all the years many problems with Addons in FS9, and now in FSX, but everytime I could fix it. Sometimes it needs more time, but there was always a solution for everything.

This time I have the feeling that there is no solution for the first time.

I actually love the F1 ATR, the situation now is really frustrating, but I won't give up.

There is a user in the IVAO Forum.
He had the same problem 2009.

He describes the same problem with screenshots, but you have to register to the forum, otherwise you can't read the topic.

I have written him an email if there was any solution for his problem.
Hope he will respond.
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2012 at 7:05am
Maybe it helps, if I write here what he have written:

harbosma:

Hello everyone,

I am having the following problem with my ATR 72-500 from Flight1 Software:

When I am in HDG or LNAV mode the autopilot tries to follow the Flight Director lateral bar, but instead of just following it, it starts to bank wildly. This results in excessive turns with steep banks. It never successfully captures the Heading or LNAV path.

Another small issue is that the FD bar for vertical navigation is not in the correct position. This is especially troublesome when I use the IAS hold for climb/descent. Even when I am reaching (and passing) the desired speed the FD bar will not raise. However, the AP doesn't seem to have any problems with this, as it maintains the correct pitch in order to maintain speed.

The first problem I described is for me number one priority to see it fixed.
Before takeoff I did click on the 'L SEL' button on the AP panel or the regisration plate to sync the flight director.

On the Flight1 forum this problem is also (at least partially) described and discussed, but without any sollutions or concrete info about how and why.

This is sooo frustrating  :(

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2012 at 12:53pm
@ibizaFR - Yes you should start from a safe setup.  It can cause issues otherwise...

Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2012 at 4:08am
Thanks, Jeff...

I will try it!!
ibizaFR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibizaFR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2012 at 2:06pm
Hey Jeff,

your link was the answer!!

I have installed the FSX Safe Startup Flight, selected it as the default FSX flight, and now everything works fine.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic