ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some real ATR shots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar yankee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some real ATR shots
    Posted: December-01-2004 at 1:05pm

CHECK THIS OUT:
http://www.simulators.dk/debat/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1654

Sorry it isn't a 72-500...

Troels

guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 1:21pm
nice shots. Interesting, that ATR is equipped with a bendix/king KLN 90B instead of the FMC.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
dreamfleet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamfleet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 1:46pm

Just like the simulator we flew in Toulouse. No FMC in that one either.

Hmmmmm.... how the heck can they fly the plane without an FMC??

Regards,

Flight One 737-200 Developer
Flight One ATR Developer
Flight One 152 Developer
bisinchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bisinchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 1:47pm

Nice spotting Guitar_player!! I didn't see that the first time I looked at these pictures.

Nice pix by the way!!

Francois

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2004 at 1:57pm
Lou, i am sure they are just using dead reckoning . After all that's a real man's way flying .
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
Orlaam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 2:47am
I don't see much difference between the GPS and FMC.  I realize they're very different in many ways, but as far as waypoints go they seem the same.  Punch in your route and go!
cbegg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 8:29am

The FMC is stated in the manuals as driven only by a GPS anyway, so its simply a different user interface.  Only a guess, but I would think they introduced the CDU on the 72-500.

Colin Begg

Hans Hartmann View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Hartmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 9:04am
Meanwhile the simulators in Toulouse were fitted with FMCs. I actually flew on one with FMC back in July.

As far as I know, the KLN90B is the default navigation instrument for all models. The HT9100 is just an option.
Best regards,
Hans

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 11:13am
After looking back at the pics online of ATRs, it seems that some of them have regular GPS devices.
Orlaam, FMC stands for flight management computer, which means it's not only for navigation. An FMC includes a GPS receiver(s) and is only part of its functionality. It's not only used for navigation but for flight planning (includes estimated air time, fuel usage, climb and descent management....) and links to the a/p for vnav also (in some more advanced fmc's)
The price between the two units should give you a hint of how much different they are.
Orlaam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 8:20pm

Originally posted by guitar_player guitar_player wrote:

After looking back at the pics online of ATRs, it seems that some of them have regular GPS devices.
Orlaam, FMC stands for flight management computer, which means it's not only for navigation. An FMC includes a GPS receiver(s) and is only part of its functionality. It's not only used for navigation but for flight planning (includes estimated air time, fuel usage, climb and descent management....) and links to the a/p for vnav also (in some more advanced fmc's)
The price between the two units should give you a hint of how much different they are.

Yeah, I know.  That's why I said they are different in other ways, but as far as waypoints go they are still designed to follow the same ones.  That was my only point.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic