ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strange LNAV Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 7:38am
Originally posted by randolphin2 randolphin2 wrote:

This topic,

Has been going on so long that I think the obvious answer is that it is never going to be fixed. While there may be one flaw somewhere that causes this, it is probably buryed under layers of layers of routines and circumstances.

However, the easy answer for me is that I just use the HDG bug to follow my route or fly manually when this rare event does happen. I am there at the computer; I might as well fly the thing occasionally.

If we could just quit pestering Hans and the others about this occasional problem then maybe, just maybe they can continue their work on the full FSX version of this aircraft.

Randy

do i guess you mean an FSX version of the 600 series ATR - now that would be a challenge given the bugs in the 500 series.

in that new version, we can at least expect toiletcam to continue to flush, but will the cockpit in basic autopilot mode ??

but then hans might enjoy the challenge - for our ongoing custom $$

after all, how many of us bought the ATR for toiletcam (be honest now) !! 

cheers

randolphin2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolphin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2009 at 12:56pm

Well,

Truthfully I never heard of the toliet cam. But, I was talking about a FSX SDK version of the current ATR-500. There have been hints and noises made at times by the powers to be that it was something that they were at least thinking about. If they are really doing something, I do not know.

I guess I would hope that a re-write would correct the damaged code or whatever is causing this navigation error, but as I said, while I get it occasionally when I fly in the NW of the US, it is not so big a problem that I can not fly manually or just use the HDG bug and count it as an inflight problem and deal with it.

As for the 600, not interested. Part of the flavor of the ATR-500 is its older technology and I already have some aircraft with the newer stuff.

Thanks,

Randy

randolphin2
flyboycjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboycjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 5:15pm
I think i have sorted this out once and for all, i have just down loaded Vista SP2 and it seems to have fixed all my problems with heading north.
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by flyboycjs flyboycjs wrote:

I think i have sorted this out once and for all, i have just down loaded Vista SP2 and it seems to have fixed all my problems with heading north.

Team

I use XP not Vista .. is there anyone else who can comment about this possible "anomoly / solution".

Perhaps Hans can help / advise (maybe he is a Vista user and this is why he can't replicate the problem) !

Regards   

Billc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 1:52am

Sorry fellas, I'm a Vista user (64 bit, always fully up to date) and I do have the northbound error.

Bill Casey
Vatsim-UK New Pilot Mentor
rexdriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 2:08am

bill

thanks for the note...seems we are still at square one !!

cheers

john

flyboycjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboycjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 8:41pm
Still have the problem, vista sp2 did not fix it.
Yohan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2017 at 12:38am
It's 2017!

I wish that I read this forum before I bought this add-on. It happen to me also. LNAV chase the FD bar drastically, even until 90 deg bank LOL. Everything was fun from preflight, until take-off, then fly manually to the destination.

Too bad, I don't play Flight Sim that often to find out this issue early.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Yohan Yohan wrote:

It's 2017!

I wish that I read this forum before I bought this add-on. It happen to me also. LNAV chase the FD bar drastically, even until 90 deg bank LOL. Everything was fun from preflight, until take-off, then fly manually to the destination.

Too bad, I don't play Flight Sim that often to find out this issue early.

If you bought this product within the 30 days of your purchase date, you can get a refund if you are not satisfied with the product.

Jeff Smith - Flight1 Sales / Support
mog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2020 at 11:08am
Hi All,
Maybe a fix for the wandering A/C.
First a little history, I originally downloaded the product from Flight 1 but experienced the stuttering and loss of FPS reported buy others elsewhere, I uninstalled and got a refund.
With some of the refund I purchased from a well known online store a copy of the Flight 1 ATR on CD, ( I could install, uninstall, and generally tart about without constantly having to go online ).
The CD had the A/C for FS9, SP3 and FSX, SP1, I have both sims so I could use one to test against the other, you know what I mean.
After a lot of messing about and swearing, I'm good at that! I think I have found the answer THAT WORKS FOR ME, I haven't tried this in FS9, it may not work for everyone!
First the bad news for anyone who is fed up with doing this, uninstall your product. I mean uninstall it, all the folders in FSX root and Sim Objects and users/roaming /appdata, the lot! Keep a copy of the folder in Sim objects with your textures and .cfg.
Now reinstall the product, run the config utility,
Open FSX with safe screen, I can't remember the name it's a microlight at Friday Harbour, select "Fly Now", change the Aircraft to the F1 ATR, if everything is OK you SHOULD NOT get the irritating "Initiating the aircraft and NavData" sign.
Set the A/c up for flight, I just takeoff in a straight line and go to CYVR (Vancouver).
BUT, DO NOT SWITCH ON EITHER OF THE TWO SELECTORS FOR VOR1 VOR2 ADF RNV ON EITHER SIDE, (Pilot or Co Pilot).
If I am right the flight will be fine, the Auto Pilot will operate as normal in VS and HDG and NAV, Descend to 3000 select VL and APP and all is OK.
Now install SP1a, run the config, open FSX at the microlight as before.
I found if I get the message regarding the initiation of A/C and Nav Data the the Auto Pilot was screwed, what seemed to screw it was using those two (per side) switches. whatever happens when that message appears I don't know but for me it was the kiss of death!

I hope this works for everybody.

Beers

mog 
mog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2020 at 12:27pm
OK a little update, I have recently discovered that I can't start the A/C in "Cold and Dark", that is to say I can start it but the autopilot goes a'wandering, this is also true if I try option 1, (There are 3 options, 0,1 and 2, 0 is cold and dark, 2 is ready for take-off, I can't remember what option 1 is, either way I tried it and it's the same result as option 0.
If anyone out there knows of a method of successfully flying from "Cold and Dark", they could earn my undying gratitude!
There are a lot of "how to do" threads but if you look closely you will see they pertain to FS9, the give away is the mention of the Cessna being the default A/C!
I'm not sur that my blandishment not to use the switches on the EFIS panel is correct, I used them and suffered no problems, but, I didn't use them until airborne so it could be they are like the Dep/Arr selector, ie, don't select arrival runway until airborne!

Beers for now,

Stay Safe

mog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic