ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Takeoff data calculation booklet Version2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 7:24am

Hi,

I want to get a clear understanding of the process  "Determination of the TOW" as outlined in the diagram on page 317 of the ATR72-500 Orientation Manual.

I am reading section "1.14 - Step 14 - Weight C and structural MTOW" of the takeoff and landing data calculation booklet version 2. There is the statement that if Weight C is greater than or equal to MTOW and the runway is limiting then takeoff is not allowed.

Is that really true? To me the determination of weight A, B and C is for answering the question: Given the actual gross weight of my aircraft, am I able to take off from that runway? So I start to check things:

- If the runway is limiting I calculate weight A.

- Then I check winds and in case there is tail wind I calculate weight B.

- From the WAT table and possible obstacles I calculate weight C.

Now I can answer the question: I can take off if and only if my aircrafts actual gross weight is not greater than min(A, B, C, MTOW).

When I read it this way it doesn't really matter whether weight C is greater than MTOW or not. If C is greater than MTOW than just MTOW is the limiting weight (or A or B), isn't it?

Any other interpretations?

Kind regards

lilo

Aeroperf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeroperf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2005 at 9:44pm

lilo,

You are correct.  If weight C is greater than the structural maximum takeoff weight (MTOW), then weight C (which is the weight limited by climb limits or obstacles) is not limiting.

DS

lilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 2:54pm

Aeroperf,

thank you for this confirmation.

rgds

lilo

ToMyLi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToMyLi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2006 at 1:45pm

Thanks for your feedback! just printed and ready to learn! awesome!!

Happy Landings!
byronsterk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote byronsterk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2006 at 12:13pm
I'm sorry... what here is exactly meant by TOW? (I've been struggling with this chart for days and days...)
Regards,

Byron Sterk
Todd Nicholson View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Nicholson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2006 at 4:16pm
Take Off Weight
Regards,
wmackenbrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmackenbrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2007 at 8:01am

Hallo Peter,

I just don´t want to use your excellent work even without saying thank you very much. I am so much late with it, because I have always been too lazy for that kind of business and by now I am going to get closer to it.

So that booklet really is first choice for me to do so! Thank you very much!

Best Regards from Westfalen! Big%20smile

werner

kind regards from germany
werner
Mikko Järvi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikko Järvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2007 at 2:28am
What this GPU mean? because checklist say: NG= no GPU used/ G= GPU used.
honeypumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeypumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2007 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Mikko Järvi Mikko Järvi wrote:

What this GPU mean? because checklist say: NG= no GPU used/ G= GPU used.

I think it means if you're using ground power or not.
dpurcell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpurcell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2007 at 9:24pm
Wow, Peter. What a fabulous piece of workBig%20smile Good stuffClap
tomer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 8:18am

Thank you.

How I determine the followings:

TOR (= Takeoff Run), TOD (= Takeoff Distance), ASD (= Acceleration Stop Distance)?

Thank's

tomer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 1:51pm
Anyone?
chronoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2009 at 11:56am
Hello everyone,

since the Avsim file library is down for weeks, could someone please upload the PDF booklet to rapidshare or perhaps send it to me? I couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet.

Best Regards,

Björn
Kepler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 9:02am
Same here...

Where can i get it?

Greets...

Kepler
wmackenbrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmackenbrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 10:50am

Hi friends,

I still do have that file on CD available. So please send a message to wmackenbrock@t-online.de containing your email and I will send it to you.

kind regards from germany
werner
martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 7:38am
Thanks for the booklet. Most helpful.
Lennart Vedin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennart Vedin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2009 at 9:14am
I can't find the Flight1 ATR72-500 - Takeoff and Landing Data Calculation v2.0 anywhere, included wmackenbrock don't have it available anymore. And it is still not available at avsim.

Anybody have a link or can send e-mail to (address start with a lower case L ). Best regards and thanks Lennart Vedin.
rafman925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafman925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2009 at 12:16pm
Cool Hi, If you would send me an email address I will let you have the one that was sent to me. rafman925Cool
Lennart Vedin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennart Vedin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2009 at 6:01pm
Thanks a lot my e-mail address is (address start with a lower case L ).

(address was in the post above but the forum automatically remove image-tags when edit, so the address was gone)
schmiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2009 at 3:26pm
Thank you very much for that excellent work!

Remark: the link for avsim on the first page works now :)
Regards Jörg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic