ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Takeoff data calculation booklet Version2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2010 at 9:50am
Hello!

For the first time in years I had a few free hours and I used them to update the TALDC package to version 2.1. Also added a short tutorial, as I got countless emails asking for that.

Since I don't trust AVSIM anymore, I created another (hopefully permanent) download link:

Flight1 ATR72-500 Takeoff and Landing Data calculation v2.1

I also uploaded it to AVSIM. When they finished processing the file, I will post the link here.
Greetings!

Peter
thlc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 7:25am
Hello!

Thanks for this great piece of stuff, the checklists are indeed very good, as well as the TakeOff Data Calculator!

I am having little trouble while trying to determine if the runway is limiting (the TOW), I don't really understand how to use the p.6 chart (especially the part involving pressure altitude and OAT).

If someone could give me a hint, it would be kindly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Thomas
Bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 7:13am

Hi Thomas,

Please see the example on page 318 in the ATR 72-500 Orientation Manual.

I hope this will help.

/ Bert

thlc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thlc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 2:22pm
Bert,

Thank you a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I undestand perfectly how to use it!

Regards,

Thomas
Gunther View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2011 at 4:43am
Hi everyone,

I found somewhere a hint that there is an Exelsheet availabel to do all this calculations more or less automatically. I would like to try this method. Could give me someone a hint where I can find this program or can send it to me directly?

Thanks in advance,
Guenther
bodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2015 at 11:16am
I have a few questions concerning the obstacle calculations.
1. Are those calculations for the case of a single engine failure?
2. SIDs many times require an Minimum climb Gradient of a few hundred feet - even if there are no obstacles - just to join an airspace at a Minimum altitude. What if i cannot meet this requirements - do i have to depart visually then? Or are These climb requirements also included in the obstacle calculations?

An example: I departed an airport without obstacles higher than 200ft in a circle of 25nm around the departure airport. But the SID requires a minum climb gradient of 300feet per nm,  leading (taking this Limit as a virtual obstacle) to a Maximum takeoff weight reduction of more than 5.5 tons (seem a bit ridiculous to me).

If the obstacle calculation would only be for the case of an engine failure, this all seems clear to me.

So... am i right?

Virtual Pilot on:
ATR 72-500 / Boeing 767-300ER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic