ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the TOGA function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar yankee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the TOGA function
    Posted: November-30-2004 at 11:17am

I haven't bought the ATR yet. However i'm wondering what the TOGA  buttom does, because I haven't seen it in the real ATR cockpit and the plane have no auto throttle either.

Please tell me!

Troels

guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 11:59am
TOGA mode is an F/D mpde only. When TOGA is pushed the A/p is disengaged automatically, and the FD shows the preset go around heading and safe pitch attitude for a certain flap position.
The reason why you are not seeing it on real ones is that because it's in the power levers.
HEre's a  pic of the power levers, eventhough it's  an ATR 72-200.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
bjornhall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjornhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 12:01pm

It disengages the autopilot and activates the Go Around mode of the Flight Director. It does not affect the engines in any way.

Edit: Oops, I'm typing too slow...

- Björn Hall
guitar_player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitar_player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 12:11pm
  I even put a pic 
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix.
oscar yankee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar yankee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2004 at 12:31pm

neat stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic