ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liveries & Repaints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Soulminties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulminties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liveries & Repaints
    Posted: January-16-2016 at 7:52pm
If anyone is having issues of the kind I described in my original post, then here is the "cure" I found.

I Googled  comdlg32 and found the following link where you can download a version of COMDLG32.OCX for 64-bit systems. It's a tiny file, you download it, and place a copy in your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, then via the Start menu >> Run command, run the following command: REGSVR32  C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx

Instructions for all this are also on the website above.

TOM now works on my PC.

I have learned that in order for it to process the repaint, you must make an entry at all the selections. For instance, the last item is callsign, and it has the option *NONE*. If this is what you want, then select it. If you leave it alone thinking you don't want anything, TOM will not be ready to process the repaint.

Good luck.

FSX Win 7 HE 64
Soulminties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulminties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2016 at 7:24pm
Hi Guys

Considering the issues that some people seem to be having with the Text-o-matic (including me), I am wondering if a collection of textures could be made available that so not require the use of Text-o-matic. This has been anything but "easy", and by their own admission, Flight1 do not know what is going on.

I have spent hours reading through the forums, and I have tried everything that has been suggested, and I cannot get TOM to work. I have tried it with AV on and off, I run everything as Administrator, I have uninstalled and re-installed everything, and this is what happens.

I'm running FSX Gold, Win7 64 Home Premium SP1, got 8GB good tested RAM, have W7 on a dedicated SSD C:\ drive, and FSX on its own dedicated SSD F:\ drive.

(I changed the tail number before I took this screenshot - when I first open TOM it defaults to F-WWEY which is the House Colours Rego.)

When I click on the Aircraft radio button, another window pops up saying "Select Aircraft to Repaint", and there is the ATR 72-500 - 32bit Textures on the list which is highlighted.

When I click on the arrow at the bottom of the panel, it closes with a "chord" sound.

I navigated to the TOM folders in my FSX folder (which is on its own dedicated HD) to make sure all the folders were there. Another problem I had was that after uninstalling and re-installing TOM, only the 3 middle folders were created. I had to uninstall the ATR and start again to get all the TOM folders to get created. Interestingly, the TOM\Templates folder already had some Finnair textures in it. When I push the Template radio button, nothing happens. This is exactly what happened all of yesterday - I downloaded 5 textures for use in TOM and none show up.

I downloaded the comdlg32.ocx and placed it in win32 and ran the Regsvr32 command but keep getting the warning message "The module "COMDLG32.OCX may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."

I am frustrated after spending hours trying to resolve this, and unfortunately the majority of the textures available on the net are for TOM. It would be really nice if there were more textures available that are already compiled that we can put into the aircraft container manually. There are some, but very few.

Of course if anyone has any idea at all about why TOM won't work, that would be helpful too.
FSX Win 7 HE 64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic