ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[WINDOWS 7] PLEASE LIST YOUR ATR ISSUES HERE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [WINDOWS 7] PLEASE LIST YOUR ATR ISSUES HERE
    Posted: September-11-2009 at 12:12pm
Hi All.

Please use this topic to LIST only issues you are having with the ATR on the WINDOWS 7 operating system.

This thread is NOT for discussion of your issues - it is only for each seperate person to list their specific issues with the ATR on Windows 7. If you wish to open a SEPERATE TOPIC to discuss your specific issues, please do so. You may also post a link to your discussion thread at the bottom of your list, if you wish.

Please provide the following information in your list:

1) Basic Computer Specs (CPU / System Memory Amount / Graphics Card and Amount of Graphics Memory).
2) The version of Windows 7 you are using (BETA / RC / RTM or FINAL), with build number if you know it.
3) The Flight1 ATR version you are using (FSX/FS9) and any patches or service packs you have applied to the ATR.
4) The Flight Sim version you are using (FSX/FS9) and any service packs or patches you have applied to your Sim.
5) A list of the problems/issues you are encountering with the ATR, along with any solutions you have tried that have or have not worked.

Thank you for your time.
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 6:33am
Issue:

FSX Crashes upon selecting aircraft from the aircraft selection menu.

Things I've done to test.

Switched out F1ATR panel folder for freeware version. Plane now loads without problem but with the freeware cockpit etc.

In the panel.cfg I removed all the Virtual Cockpit code and the plane loads without gauges and crashes when selecting 2D.

Renaming or removing F1ATR.dll and F1ATRB.dll allows the aircraft to load, again without gauges.

My System Spec:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)
System Manufacturer: XFX78I
System Model: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2814MB RAM
Page File: 1070MB used, 4557MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Chip type: GeForce GTX 275
Display Memory: 2034 MB
Dedicated Memory: 883 MB
Shared Memory: 1151 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Driver Version: 8.16.11.9062
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

FSX & ATR Details:

Running FSX (standard) with SP1 & 2
ATR installed, FSX version, with SP1

Let me know if you need any more info.

THanks
carlos03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlos03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 8:51am
FSX crashes when selecting the atr from the aircraft selection menu.

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 945
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 RAM
GPU: Nvidia GTX 275

FSX Standard with SP1 & SP2
ATR standard FSX installation + SP1 + model update

I use a fresh installation of Windows 7 just to try the performance of FSX in combination with these components.

Windows 7 Professional final
Latest Nvidia Driver for Windows 7 32bit

No other Software is installed on the system.
No Antivirus installed.

Thanks
Carlos
sckill1812 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sckill1812 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2009 at 6:54am
FSX crashed while I was selecting the ATR form the aircraft selection menu too.

CPU: AMD PhenomII X4 B50(550)
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 RAM
GPU: ATI HD4670

FSX Deluxe pack with Acceleration pack
ATR standard FSX installation + SP1

Windows 7 Ultimate 7600
ATI CATALYST FOR WINDOWS7 version:09.9

Installed ESET Smart Security4 Business Edition

Thanks
ettostrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ettostrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2009 at 3:45am

Before upgrading to Windows 7 CR (W7) my ATR 72_500 (ATR72) add-on ran under Vista regularly for both FS2004 and FSX.

After upgrading to W7 I installed ATR72 for FS2004; during installation I did not perceive any error/warning signal. But when running "ATR (2004) Configuration Manager" it crashed immediately giving the signal "Run time error '429' -- Activex component can't create object".

To fix the error I found in a forum the suggestion to run a patch: 'dx7vb.exe'. I did it and the "ATR 2004 Conf. Man." now works fine. So far FS2004 with ATR is working properly too.

Lately I ran the software to upgrade ATR72 software from FS2004 to FSX; again I did not notice error/warning signals during upgrading.

But in FSX when choosing ATR72 in the choice list and immediately after confirmation FSX stops and exits without any signal.

Comp.Specs: Intel QX9770 Quad-Core2 Extreme; 4GB(2x2GB); ASUS NvidiaGTX280 1GB

Operating System: Windows 7 RC Ultimate 32bit; build number 7100

ATR 72-500 version: box CD+SP2.1+SP3.0; free upgrading software to FSX and ATR_FSX SP1

Flight Sim version: FS2004 box+fs91updITA.exe; FSX Deluxe Edition+FSX Acceleration

Problems/issues: see the description above.

Thanks in advance,

ettostrek

BRITinUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRITinUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 9:05am

Hi,

Just to let everyone know it's not all gloom and doom.  Installed under Windows 7 Professional x64 with no issues at all, just need to make sure that FSX is set to "Run as administrator" mode. Smile

CPU: iCore7 860
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 RAM
GPU: Nvidia GTX 275

FSX Professional with Acceleration

ATR 72-500 FSX download installation + SP1

beeeisss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeeisss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2009 at 1:24pm
When i try to install atr72500 I got a message saying

---------------------------
The following file is in use and cannot be updated:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Flight 1 ATR-72-500\ATR_Config_Manager.exe

Close all other applications and choose Retry, or choose Cancel to install this file on the next reboot.

I choose Retry or cancel anything
And i got other error message:
irsetup
A sharing violation occurred while accessing an unnamed file.

Afeter this the process installation is broken

What will i do to install my aircraft without errors?
vinno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 6:47am

CPU:  IntelŪ Core 2 Duo E8400

Motherboard:  Asus P5N-D (nForce 750i chipset, SLI)

Memory:  4.0GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz XMS2

Graphics card:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB

sound:onboard realtek hd audio

ATR cd with all patches etc works fine in 2004 and fsx on windows xp

windows 7 32 bit fresh install

loaded fsx and atr, pointed to fs2004 install on another hard drive. got message no flt1chk.dll but atr did load. however there was no power did not matter whether loaded cold and dark or engines running ready for taxi.

Decided to install fs2004 on same hard drive to see if this helped now get CTD when seclecting atr

Vinno

P.S. fab airplane i fly it alot in fs2004 and would love to fly in fsx with dx10 and all the lovely graphics!

Jappie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jappie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2009 at 9:37am

Hi Guys,

I installed my ATR again last week (from the CD, Boxed version) and updated it to FSX. When I select it in the UPS livery I to am getting the crash to desktop as described above. I tried the other livery's and the strange thing is that after a fresh bootup the "Air Caribes" livery (standard install) runs like a dream. I get the impression that it is a texture problem.

My specs, Windows7 64bit, FSX upated to acceleration, Nvidia GTX260, 4+GB ram. Icore processor.

Hope this helps and a solution is found, I want to use the UPS livery also.

chevol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2009 at 4:12am
Hi,

Win 7 home premium 64
Icore 7
Nvidia GTX260
8 GBG ram
FSX + acceleration

ATR runs well in resolution 1280/1024/32 on a 25" screen, 2D cockpit

problems:

1/ cannot solve the font issue, cannot find the HHFMS.TTF file
2/ VATSIM Squwakbox loads normally and connects but FSX crashes within minutes

cheers
Luc
dave67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2009 at 6:50am

Guys,

anyone who is suffering CTD's with FSX version of ATR 72-500 with Windows 7 this is what to do...

If you have FS2004 version download and install the wrapper for that version,config and install liveries....

If you have FSX download and install the FULL wrapper version 89megs i believe,config and install the liveries.

Do not install into FSX using the 19meg update for FSX,this is causing the ctd's with the files that are in the gauges folder.

I now have ATR72-500 up and running in FS2004 and FSX with Windows 7, 32bit home editionClap

regards Dave

Fan5bk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fan5bk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 1:04pm

Hello Guys,

after upgrading to W7 I installed ATR72 for FS2004; during installation I did not perceive any error/warning signal. But when running "ATR (2004) Configuration Manager" it crashed immediately giving the signal "Run time error '429' -- Activex component can't create object".

My system:

AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Prozessor 6400+

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

Creativ labs Sound Blaster X Fi Xtreme Audio

Dokuchaev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dokuchaev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2009 at 6:49pm

Hello.

For me the operating system of Windows 7 64-bit. At attempt to load program ATR72 , I receive error message: Error code 0x80070057

pschlute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pschlute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 4:52am

Fan5bk

See this link http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=20345

download and run the 'dx7vb.exe'

Cure the runtime error 429 for me. I am running Windows 7

Peter
Sranki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sranki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 1:30pm
Hello all.

I cannot install because wrapper cannot connect to server. I've tried to turn-off Eset Smart security, but it din't help. I'm running setup as administrator with UAC on minimal settings. And of course, the internet connection is OK.

computer spec:
Core i7 860
RAM 4GB
ATI Radeon 4890 1GB

OS version Win7 Home premium eng (final) 64bit

ATR72 latest version

FSX acceleration
dave67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2009 at 2:53pm

Sranki,

if you are having trouble installing the wrapper,you either need to configure your internet security to accept it or turn off your firewall.

What error messages are you getting?

regards Dave

Sranki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sranki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 3:17am
I'm getting this error message aftes testing connection. Firewall and antivirus is turned off (both Eset Smart Security and Win firewall).

Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2009 at 12:15am
Well, I'm about to give in completely. I have tried everything under the sun to get this bird to fall in line with FSX and Winders 7. I load a Cessna, get my flight plan loaded, then switch to the ATR. It lasts about 10 minutes before CTD.
It does not matter if I am flying a flight plan with the FMS or just flying with nothing loaded in the FMS. One thing that I have noticed is that sometimes the wipers are on and I cannot turn them off. Other times, a different switch malfunctions such as the Engine Switch (Ignition knob) or the prop brake, or both. Warning bells start chiming and the Master Caution flashes away. The symptoms vary on each flight. Then the CTD.
This does not happen on any other plane, I fly the ESDG Citation II and Citation X 2.0 (both complex aircraft) with no issues whatsoever in FSX so my install of FSX is sound.
I installed it a couple of different times, using the 85MB wrapper file as instructed earlier in this thread. Except for the fact that it does not crash immediately, it still is an unstable plane.
Also, I cannot install SP3 to this plane - it says there is a file missing.
Any help would be appreciated. Any word on an update to the plane for Windows 7? What are our chances of such a thing? I'd even pay for it! Meanwhile, I guess I'll go try to find a freeware ATR or just stop flying it completely until it's fixed.
Thanks y'all.

Dell XPS420 * Q6600 * 3GB RAM * Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit * Asus 9800GTX+ 512MB * 195.62 Drivers * FSX w/SP2
Sranki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sranki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 4:33am
Will anyone help me with my issue?
mobbe123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobbe123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 2:05pm

Hi

I have still issues with the fsx atr under windows 7.

It still shutdown fsx when choosing ariplane!!

Is there any way to fix this?

help pleaseDead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic