ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Flight1 ATR Technical Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[WINDOWS 7] PLEASE LIST YOUR ATR ISSUES HERE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 7:03pm
Did you try installing from the 85MB Wrapper? I did and it is better but still unstable and CTD occurs after a few minutes of flight.

Use the ticket system for reporting problems. There should be some help that way. I just had FlightOne help me with a different issue using that help ticket system.
I am going to report my FSX ATR Windows 7 issues too.

http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

Bigbougne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbougne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 10:08am

hello from France

problem with Windows 7 and ATR FSX : ATR crash immediatly when choosing airplane (ATR installed as administrator and no problem during install)

Config : windows 7 home premium 32 bits (6.1 build 7600) ; 3Go memory ; intel core 2CPU 6600 ; graphic card Nvidia 8800GT 2Go Ram with latest W7 driver.

FSX + SP1 + Acceleration ; ATR FS9 from CDROM + update FSX + ATR FSX SP1

See Windows application log (in french !) : crash of windows32\kernellbase.dll  !

"Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14

Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 6.1.7600.16385"

Thank's

Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2010 at 12:31am
Here's what I've noticed with the ATR in Windows 7.

1. I have managed to get the plane to work in FSX without a crash by replacing the 2D and 3D cockpit entirely. I am using none of the gauges or .dlls that came with the ATR. I am using freeware gauges except for the Pilatus PC-12  ADI and HSI. If I put even one gauge from the ATR on the panel it crashes. This works very well and the plane flies like a dream except

2. The left fuel tank is the only one being used. The fuel quantity on the right tank doesn't budge. There is no fuel crossfeed at all. This makes it a little hairy after a medium or long flight as the aircraft is listing pretty bad on the right side. I have no idea how to make the fuel transfer from right to left.

So hopefully somebody can get a clue from this and perhaps fix the gauges and fuel issue.
iain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2010 at 7:57am
Having uninstalled & re-installed (disabling AV) and added SPs my ATR72 is now working fine in FSX on Win 7 64b.

Iain Smith
flyking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 8:33pm
Constant crashes, especially when choosing aircraft from menu. Practically unusable in FSX.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit. Core2Duo E8500, 8 Gigs of Ram.

flyking
Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by iain iain wrote:

Having uninstalled & re-installed (disabling AV) and added SPs my ATR72 is now working fine in FSX on Win 7 64b.

Iain Smith

Do you mind telling us which service packs you added? I installed SP1 and SP3 I think. I don't have SP2 and can't find it anywhere. My FSX crashes in Win 7 32bit as described above. Something is wrong with this thing.
iain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 11:59am
[/QUOTE]
Do you mind telling us which service packs you added? I installed SP1 and SP3 I think. I don't have SP2 and can't find it anywhere. My FSX crashes in Win 7 32bit as described above. Something is wrong with this thing.
[/QUOTE]

Yes they are what I installed as well.

Iain Smith
Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 1:26am
Right. And when I try to install SP3 I get a message "Cannot install this program. A required file is missing."
This has been reported before. Nobody has answered which file is missing.
Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 2:22am
Crashes in Windows 7 32bit if:

1. Switch to full screen. nVidia Video driver version does not matter. Immediate CTD.
2. Try to fill screen with instrument panel by stretching it horizontally in 2D view. Immediate CTD.
3. Do just about anything including trying to flying it. At about 10 minutes inflight, CTD.

Looks nice sitting on the ground though. Realistic looking. Too bad its not flyable. Come on people, please at least try to fix it. The freeware ATRs out there are not as good as this. I don't want to go back to FS9. Please?
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Dolph98 Dolph98 wrote:

Right. And when I try to install SP3 I get a message "Cannot install this program. A required file is missing."
This has been reported before. Nobody has answered which file is missing.

There appears to be some confusion here, as to whether you are running FS9 or FSX.

There is only ONE service pack for the FSX version (SP1):

---

Service Pack 1 for FSX Released (15 December, 2007)

This service pack applies to all download version customers (this is not reqired for CD ROM customers). This updates various minor issues. Full update information is included in the download.

Download here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two service packs for the FS9 version available for download:

---

Flight One ATR Service Pack 3.0 (31 March, 2006)

This service pack applies to all current purchasers of the product, whether purchased via CD ROM or by Download. Make sure you have the 2.1 version already installed if you do not have it.

Download SP3 Here (about 9 MB)

Flight One ATR Service Pack 2.1 (01 December, 2004)

This service pack is required if you purchased the software before Dec 4th, 2004 (the CD ROM version by default is version 2.1). If your download says Version 2.1 in the version section of the purchase screen, you do not need this update. This service pack contains all fixes from Service Pack 1, 2, as well as incremental fixes that will be in the future SP3. This service pack can be installed on top of any earlier service pack installation.

Download SP2.1 Here (21 MB)

---

Please make sure you read the descriptions carefully.

All the above details are outlined on the ATR download page located here:
http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp
Dolph98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolph98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 11:37pm
Well after almost 2 months of fighting this thing, here's some good news. I uninstalled the ATR, rebooted into safe mode, and installed the FSX version from safe mode. I then installed service pack 1 still from safe mode. I rebooted into normal mode and checked the plane. No CTD when switching to full screen mode!
So I installed my wide panel tweaks and paints and aircraft.cfg settings from when I used to fly it in Vista and reloaded FSX. No CTD when switching to full screen!
I took a 400nm flight and the plane did not CTD 10 minutes into flight! I landed safely and that's the story. BTW, I flew with antivirus disabled. Don't know if that matters.
Now I swear that I did the safe mode install previously, but I think I may have patched it in normal mode, I can't say for sure. Either way, disregard the posts I made earlier. I hope I didn't offend but I was very very frustrated.
The only thing I noticed is that the autopilot acted strangely, like it doesn't want to follow heading change commands when flying in HDG mode. I had to leave autopilot and manually get her to to the right heading, then reengage it. Strange. I wonder if another reinstall will help that.
The FMC worked like a charm and got me to where I wanted to be!
Oh joy of joys, it works in FSX with Winders 7, finally!!!
iain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:08am
Good news Dolph98, glad to hear it. Enjoy!

Iain Smith
ArnyLitheman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArnyLitheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 5:03pm
Hi there,

by using Win7 (32bit) with the FSX Gold Edition my ATR (cd-version) is seemly working without any problem, the vc and the virtual cabin look great and are usable, too, by activating the cabin in the menue and with the keys for moving build in the FSX. Even the toilet-seat works! LOL

But I can't add a repaint with the text-o-matic, because the airplane appears in the selection but when I try to choose the textures the field stays empty?

Seemly the text-o-matic doesn't find the folder with the templates?

No errormessage and no popping up window, just nothing. Any idea how to get the dedicated repaints on the plane?

I also tried to execute as admin and in the xp-mode, too, nothing works?

Edit: I just found the solution and it works: http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5142&KW=text-o-matic&PID=26735#26735

Smile
CMATR72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMATR72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 6:58am
1) Basic Computer Specs
CPU: Intel Q9450 @2.66GHz
System Memory Amount: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
Amount of Graphics Memory: 512MB
2) The version of Windows 7 you are using (BETA / RC / RTM or FINAL), with build number if you know it.
Win 7 Ultimate x64 FINAL, build # unknown
3) The Flight1 ATR version you are using (FSX/FS9) and any patches or service packs you have applied to the ATR.
FS9 CD version, no patches, no service packs, no FS9
4) The Flight Sim version you are using (FSX/FS9) and any service packs or patches you have applied to your Sim.
FSX Deluxe, SP 1 and 2
5) A list of the problems/issues you are encountering with the ATR, along with any solutions you have tried that have or have not worked.
ATR-FSX Updater doesn't install. It crashes when installing fs_beaconsm_F1ATR.fx
Followed instructions Path #3 since I don't want to install FS9 just for one plane.
Tried the registry fix program referenced by flilot in this thread, no change.
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 11:04am
CMATR72:

Try the following:
Disable your antivirus software on your computer if you have any, and also turn off User Account Control in Windows 7. Try to reinstall the Update.

If that does not work, restart your computer and go into Safe Mode, and try and install the update.

CMATR72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMATR72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 11:35am
Thank you, but neither helped.

I installed the FS9 service packs and then i was able to run the FSX updater. Unfortunately the Configuration Manager is missing files and loading the ATR produces missing files and DirectSound errors which crash the whole Flight Simulator. I guess I'll try tracking down down the missing files next.
flilot View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by CMATR72 CMATR72 wrote:

Thank you, but neither helped.

I installed the FS9 service packs and then i was able to run the FSX updater.

There is your problem. Please do not install FS9 service packs on the FSX ATR!! This will cause no end of problems!!

I suggest that you completely uninstall the ATR from your computer as outlined here:
http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5218

Once re-installed, be sure to Only Apply the FSX ATR SP1 obtained here:
http://flight1.100megabyte.com/updates/ATR-FSX-SP1.exe
and then the FSX Mode Update, obtained here:
http://atr.flight1.net/files/ATR-FSX-Models.exe
CMATR72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMATR72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 11:54pm
I did not apply the FS9 service packs to the FSX ATR. I applied the FS9 service packs to the FS9 ATR. Then the FSX updater which worked this time.
My initial problem was not getting an FSX ATR at all.

Unfortunately the Configuration Manager can't create an ActiveX object (that's what it says). Ah well, it would have been nice to use the ATR in FSX, but it seems I'm out of luck on this one.
flyking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 4:01pm
CMATR72

I've come to the same conclusion as you. I've given up on using  the ATR in FSX. It appears to me that no one is really interested in fixing these ATR FSX problems.
flyking
StoneC0ld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoneC0ld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 9:37am
The FSX ATR doesn't just CTD my FSX, it causes a bluescreen and automatically reboots my whole system (because Vista's set to automatically reboot on bluescreen)... 

I also get the error 429 in the FS9 version configurator...  I tried downloading the dx7vb file mentioned, but my antivirus/firewall detected it as adware and automatically deleted it.  Tried downloading it again with the internet security turned off, and now that file is apparently no longer on the website...

So, it looks to me like I'm completely out of luck with the ATR, which I was really hoping to get back into after not using it since before buying this computer...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic