ATR Discussion Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ATR Discussion Forums > Pilot to Pilot - Flying the ATR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tricky Autopilot (?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tricky Autopilot (?)
    Posted: April-17-2015 at 1:55pm
I have a problem when using Altitude on my AP. Then I cant use my Yoke to go to another heading. The only possibility is to use the HDG-Function on the AP.
Only after disconnecting  the AP my Yoke is active and I can change the Heading manuelly, but then I must also control the altitude by hand.This makes no sense to me. So my question is: how can I control my plane partly manuell and partly by the AP?

Thanks and regards,
Guenther
allanw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 4:52am
Hi  Guenther,
open the aircraft CFG go to the autopilot section
then add these lines

Default_bank_mode=0
Default_pitch_mode=0

you will now be able to use your yoke while auto pilot engaged
Gunther View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2015 at 6:19am
Thanks a lot for your hint. I tried it immediately and added these 2 lines to the ATR-cfg on FlusiFix.
The first result was disapointing. I was flying with AP and Alt and HDG on. Then I made HDG off and tried to use the Yoke. No reaction. Then I disconnected AP and could steer normal with my Yoke. Then I connected again AP and then the great surprise: I could use my Yoke to change my HDG despite HDG was on on my AP! This means that I could "overwrite" the AP with my Yoke.
Of course I can help myself this way but I think that so it works not correct. What do you think?

Regards Guenther
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic